Viruses, Trojans and spyware do not care what device you use. Just go online, and the dangers threatening your mobile device are just as real as those threatening your PC.
As more users adopt mobile devices, including tablets, cyber criminals adjust their attacks to follow users’ behaviour changes. The malware numbers are surging exponentially. Based on Juniper Research data, GAO reports that malware targeting mobile devices nearly tripled, from 14,000 to 40,000 instances, in less than a year (July 2011-May 2012). And the numbers continue to grow.
Are you an Android user? You’re a main target!
Android is the most popular mobile platform, and consequently, the most targeted by mobile malware developers. Just consider these facts:
- Virtually all new mobile malware discovered in 2012 was directed at the Android platform
- Six million people have been affected by Android malware over the past year
- The number of Android Trojans almost tripled in the first half of 2012 compared to the previous year
What do cyber criminals want?
Your money and personal information. The primary malicious tools they use to get what they want are banking Trojans, spyware and bots. These evil pieces can:
- Spot and steal banking and social network credentials.
- Intercept and transfer emails to cybercrooks.
- Instantly record keystrokes, hence important passwords or codes.
- Steal personal or company documents stored on a mobile device.
- Take over the functionalities of a device
Is your device protected?
Given the threats you’re exposed to, especially if you’re an Android user, you might want to consider serious mobile protection. If you are a parent, you have to make sure your children are using their mobile devices safely as well. With BullGuard Mobile Security you can monitor their mobile activity, to keep them safe from mobile threats, and their whereabouts, to make sure they get home safe. Here’s what it brings you:
- Antivirus. Comes with antivirus for Android that effectively fends off mobile malware and online fraud in real-time.
- Antispyware. Protects you from spyware, data-stealing and identity theft.
- Parental Control.Protects your kids from internet threats, lets you monitor their SMS and MMS, view photos and call history, delete inappropriate apps, track their location and more.
- Antitheft. Helps you remotely delete data, lock your device and locate it using the GPS or the in-built alarm, in case of loss or theft.
- Mobile Security Manager. Lets you manage the app’s functionalities remotely.
- FREE 24/7 Support.
- Award-winning attitude – TopTenREVIEWS’ 2012 Gold Award winner. Get proper mobile security to keep an eye on your kids and prevent malware and thieves from taking over your device… and your life!