How Strong is YOUR Password?
Here are a couple tips to help you come up with the best password ever.
- 1. Don’t overcomplicate it, you need to remember it.
- 2. Don’t use something obviously personal like your birthday, or some other factoid that hackers can easily find out about you online.
- 3. Don’t tell anyone your password or write it down.
- 4. Don’t have the same password for everything. If you get hacked, they can now access everything.
- 1. Create a long password. 12-16 characters is ideal.
- 2. Mix in some numbers, symbols and uppercase letters.
- 3. Use a phrase, you may be allowed spaces in your password, so craft a short sentence – this may be easier to remember.
- 4. Change your passwords regularly.
Also, check out this cool article to learn more about how to create safe online accounts. If all else fails, be sure to back up your computer regularly with BullGuard Internet Security 2013, and use a password generator like Simple Strong Password Generator.
And again we ask: how strong is your password? Do you find these tips useful?