Here at BullGuard we provide all kinds of award-winning software to help protect your computers and phones and personal data, but it all really starts with one word: your password.
How Strong is YOUR Password?
Here are a couple tips to help you come up with the best password ever. Password Don’ts:
- 1. Don’t overcomplicate it, you need to remember it.
- 2. Don’t use something obviously personal like your birthday, or some other factoid that hackers can easily find out about you online.
- 3. Don’t tell anyone your password or write it down.
- 4. Don’t have the same password for everything. If you get hacked, they can now access everything.
- 1. Create a long password. 12-16 characters is ideal.
- 2. Mix in some numbers, symbols and uppercase letters.
- 3. Use a phrase, you may be allowed spaces in your password, so craft a short sentence – this may be easier to remember.
- 4. Change your passwords regularly.
Also, check out this cool article to learn more about how to create safe online accounts
. If all else fails, be sure to back up your computer regularly with BullGuard Internet Security 2013
, and use a password generator like Simple Strong Password Generator
And again we ask: how strong is your password? Do you find these tips useful?