As more and more mobile apps become available and download rates increase, the mobile world is becoming a bigger target for cybercriminals. So, what can you do to protect yourself and, more importantly, your privacy?
In this post, we’ll cover you off on two of the most common questions:
- How do I protect my content when my phone is stolen?
- How do I protect my content when downloading apps and using my phone?
The first issue can be addressed with a few simple solutions.
- Set up a pin or password on your device. This will make it harder for thieves to access your content, even if they do end up with your phone.
- Install BullGuard Mobile Security – it will not only protect your phone from spyware and malware, but also guard your SIM card, AND allow you to track your stolen phone, remotely lock it and/or erase the content. See more here:
The second issue requires a little more diligence on your part.
- Only download apps from secure and reputable sites. They should begin in https.
- If an app costs money, it costs money. Don’t be tempted to purchase the app from a different site for free. It’s more than likely a fake, infected with malware.
- Be careful when using Wifi Hotspots. They are not secure, so think twice before banking or shopping online.
- Keep Bluetooth and other types of connections turned off when you’re not using them.
- Install BullGuard Mobile Security, with the high level of protection it offers you, you won’t have to be as diligent.