72% of mobile users
have concerns about their mobile phone privacy. Are you one of them?
Concerns around mobile phone privacy have risen in the last year. It’s no surprise that the areas of mobile usage that cause the most concerns are shopping, social media, online banking, emailing and not far behind those, mobile apps. Well my goodness – that just about covers everything that you can possibly do on a mobile! So basically, you’re worried about something every time you pick up your phone; now that really can’t be a healthy way to live. Get BullGuard Mobile Security here So what is the real issue behind these issues?
It all comes down to the transfer of personal data, and while the big wigs in governments work on coming up with some solid ground rules, BullGuard has some tips on...
How to protect yourself and your mobile privacy:
How concerned are you about your mobile privacy? Share your thoughts with us!
- Avoid using public networks/WiFi networks when conducting financial transactions (this includes shopping)
- Lock your phone when not in use, and set-up a password
- Delete old emails or texts that contain information from financial institutions
- Do not respond to suspicious text messages, and never provide your personal information to anyone via SMS or email
- Ensure your apps and software are always up-to-date
- Enable email encryption with your email server and spam filters
- Consider applying for a credit card just to be used for online purchases, and set a lower credit limit to prevent cybercriminals spending everything you’ve got, should they get their hands on it!
- Backup your phone, so that if anything happens to your device, your content is still with you. Check out BullGuard’s Mobile Backup app here.
- Most importantly, you can’t go without antivirus and antispyware protection. Products like BullGuard’s Mobile Security suite take some of the pressure off of you, so that if you do accidentally reply to that suspicious email or lose your phone, you have the ability to defend yourself and your content.