About I/O errors
1. After a scan is complete, the scan log might show that some files were skipped. This is usually happening
due to I/O errors, or Input/Output errors.
2. The files for which an I/O error is returned include the operating system files, other user files or files in use.
Mostly, these files are the Windows services used by them, which run in the background.
3. For example, pagefile.sys is an operating system file and the
scanning engine doesn't have access to it.
4. Also, when a user is initiating a scan, he/she will have access to the home folder but will not be able to
scan other user folders.
5. Besides those two categories, there are files which are in use by different programs and to which the
scanning engine can not obtain acccess. This is a good reason to close all programs when scanning your computer.
These errors are not to be taken into account and are not a reason to worry about.
The BullGuard Team