B.S.o.D

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > Virus Removal > Removal Help > B.S.o.D  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : B.S.o.D Printable version of : B.S.o.D
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

kHaoS

Date Joined Dec 2007
Total Posts : 41

Posted 11/4/2013 11:04 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: B.S.o.DAlert an admin about: B.S.o.D
Hello (again...)
I'm having some issues with my laptop, got the bsod 2 times while using it normally.
Rebooted in safe mode and did the ccleaner and a full scan with AVG (updated), works fine.
As soon as i boot normally it crashes (blue screen again).

Anyone got this problem before?
Not sure if i'm in the right forum, and if i should post all the logs before being asked to.

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 313

Posted 11/5/2013 1:49 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: B.S.o.DAlert an admin about: B.S.o.D
Hi kHaos,

Set Windows to dump the Kernel memory when a STOP message and blue screen occurs as follows:
1. Click Start >> right click My Computer >> Properties.
2. In the My Computer Properties window go to the Advanced tab and click on the Settings button in the Startup and Recover section
3. In the Startup and Recover window, select the Kernel Memory dump option you have in the drop down dialog from the Write debug information section. Eventually, feel free to uncheck the option Overwrite any existing file.

Restart the computer into normal mode and, when the blue screen occurs, allow the computer to finish the kernel memory dump. After that, restart the computer into Safe Mode with Networking. Once logged in, look for the memory.dmp file in the Minidump folder from your Windows folder.

Attach it to your reply.

Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 2013

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

kHaoS

Date Joined Dec 2007

Posted 11/5/2013 8:40 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: B.S.o.DAlert an admin about: B.S.o.D
Hello again, thanks for the quick reply.
I forgot to mention that i'm on win 7, i managed to find a memory.dmp file located in root, and also one in the minidump folder.
Posting the one from windows/minidump below as it is dated to when the bsod occured, if it is not the one you want, please advice as to how i go about setting up win 7 to generate one.
The contents look a bit odd in notes, so i'm attaching it as well. (or at least i tried to..)

Note: Please attach the minidump, instead of pasting it. Minidump files can not be read in Notepad, so it's pointless to paste them that way. Not to mention that it makes your post unreadable.

Post Edited (Andreea-Luciana Ostache) : 11/5/2013 9:11:00 PM GMT

File Attachment :
110413-24195-01.dmp   269KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 69 time(s).

kHaoS

Date Joined Dec 2007

Posted 11/6/2013 12:48 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: B.S.o.DAlert an admin about: B.S.o.D
Sorry, I noticed now that it was specified in the reply that I should attach the file, not copy/paste it.
I apparently managed to attach it anyway, so thanks for cleaning up my previous post :)

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 11/7/2013 9:08 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: B.S.o.DAlert an admin about: B.S.o.D
Broadcom Ethernet drivers (bcmwl664.sys is the cause of your bsod).
You can download the latest version of the driver from here:
www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/downloaddrivers.php

Find the line "Windows users, click here to determine the correct driver for your NIC." and click on the link in that line.

After you install the new driver the problems should stop.

Oh, and you may want to run a scan with Combofix, just to be on the safe side:
www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 14

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Post Edited (Andreea-Luciana Ostache) : 11/7/2013 8:55:02 PM GMT

kHaoS

Date Joined Dec 2007

Posted 11/7/2013 7:53 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: B.S.o.DAlert an admin about: B.S.o.D
Thank you.
I couldn't find the "windows user" line on the page in question.
I did however try to update the driver through device manager, and got the reply that I was already using the latest drivers? (ver. 5.100.82.95 updated 2011-07-01)
I also tried to find the driver on the broadcom site, but couldn't find out what device I have installed (it came with the laptop).
I've been running the laptop since yesterday in normal mode without problems. so maybe it was just a temporary glitch?

Edit: Doh, I checked again, and behold there it was at top of the page...
Thanks again.

Post Edited (kHaoS) : 11/7/2013 6:49:40 PM GMT

New Topic Post reply to : B.S.o.D Printable version of : B.S.o.D

Forum Information
Currently it is Thursday, October 23, 2014 12:41 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,679 posts in 13,331 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 15 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36547 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, bendoljaya.
4 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Errors, warnings, infections, trojans and junk (15)10/22/2014 7:43:33 PM (Deb1957)
I very satisfy of this product and I decide to buy it (0)10/21/2014 12:33:09 AM (jaksum)