BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Blocking of sites

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > Virus Removal > Removal Help > Blocking of sites  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Blocking of sites Printable version of : Blocking of sites
[ << Previous Thread ]

Leto

Date Joined Jun 2014
Total Posts : 6

Posted 8/26/2014 1:46 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Blocking of sitesAlert an admin about: Blocking of sites
Please help. Over a month ago that Firefox Portable blocks some known websites that are supposed to be legitimate (Google, Yahoo, Facebook). Disabling the antivirus the problem goes away, but when you activate the antivirus again the problem returns.

Some samples of what I mean:

What is this? Can my network has been attacked and are trying to impersonate legitimate sites with false sites? What should I do to fix it?

PD.- Sorry for bad grammar, my language is Spanish and I only know very little English. The text was translated with Google Translate.

Dickens
Trusted Member

Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 303

Posted 8/27/2014 2:19 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Blocking of sitesAlert an admin about: Blocking of sites
Hello Leto,

What Internet Security program are you using?

Have you looked at your Internet Security settings - maybe they are set too high?

Leto

Date Joined Jun 2014

Posted 8/28/2014 12:06 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Blocking of sitesAlert an admin about: Blocking of sites
Hello Dickens,
I'm using BullGuard Internet Security.
The problem only occurs in Firefox Portable.
Firefox Portable is the browser I have ever used on my computer.

Dickens
Trusted Member

Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 303

Posted 8/28/2014 11:06 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Blocking of sitesAlert an admin about: Blocking of sites
Hello Leto,

It does seem to be a strange problem. I am not familiar with Firefox Portable. Sorry I am not much help!

I suggest you contact BullGuard Internet Security Technical Support. Unfortunately they do not do Live Chat in Spanish; however you could email their Spanish Support on:

support es@bullguard.com

Post Edited (Dickens) : 8/28/2014 8:09:53 AM GMT

Leto

Date Joined Jun 2014

Posted 8/29/2014 11:49 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Blocking of sitesAlert an admin about: Blocking of sites
Ok, thank you.
Could you try downloading Firefox Portable and see if you also blocks you Facebok, Google or Yahoo?

PD: The Support tell me to not be able to respond until 10 September.. :(

Post Edited (Leto) : 8/29/2014 8:56:00 PM GMT

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 289

Posted 8/31/2014 9:53 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Blocking of sitesAlert an admin about: Blocking of sites
Hi there,

Here is what I recommend:
A. Go to Start > and open a Command prompt window. (either Start> Run > type CMD and press Enter or Start>> type CMD and press Enter ). In this window, type “ipconfig /flushdns” and again close the browser.
B. Right click the Network connection icon in the lower right corner of the screen (Wireless or Lan) > Open Network and Sharing Center. Click on the Ethernet or Wireless connection (depending which one you are using). . In the new Window press Properties> Locate Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) and after selecting it, press Properties. Set the DNS to the google public DNS as 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and check Validate settings upon exit.
C. Open the browser once more and see if the issue persists.

Best wishes!

Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 2014

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

New Topic Post reply to : Blocking of sites Printable version of : Blocking of sites

Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, September 17, 2014 10:33 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,601 posts in 13,318 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 6 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36362 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, BaronBardon.
6 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Kitchen Cheap Cheshire (0)9/16/2014 3:44:38 PM (LovelyOne)
Unable to access Hotmail or other email providers (0)9/16/2014 2:20:27 PM (Robert Mateescu)
Bullguard 2014 Firewall and high DPC latency (19)9/16/2014 5:21:49 AM (klimek69)
Slow Performance Since Installing Bullguard (3)9/15/2014 12:41:35 PM (Robert Mateescu)