BullGuard
Close
00: 00: 00: 00
Days Hours Minutes Seconds
Close
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Can't identify the virus but I know it's there. Help needed please!

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > Virus Removal > Removal Help > Can't identify the virus but I know it's there. Help needed please!  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Can't identify the virus but I know it's there.  Help needed please! Printable version of : Can't identify the virus but I know it's there.  Help needed please!
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

dodsoncm

Date Joined Dec 2012
Total Posts : 1

Posted 12/16/2012 6:08 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Can't identify the virus but I know it's there.  Help needed please!Alert an admin about: Can't identify the virus but I know it's there.  Help needed please!
Good Morning All,

About a week ago I lost the broadband connection on my HP Pavillion (Vista SP2).  Computer is horribly slow.  Anytime I try to run a program or a service, such as msconfig, I receive the error that "The Specified Service does not exist as an installed service."

I'm running McAfee Total Protection which updates automatically.   I've run a McAfee full scan, a Malwarebytes full scan, Stinger, TDSSKILLER, McAfee Rootkit Removal (unsuccessful).  All of them have found nothing.  I've run the scans during a normal boot as well as safemode.

My USB and CD/R access is also shut down so I don't have a way to copy any logs to another PC and post them here in the forum.  I'm at a loss as what to do.

I would simply reload the PC, however I am unable to back anything up.  I know, I know, important things should always be backed up to a secondary source.  I recently lost my mother and husband to cancer (and then I had a work accident).  I'm trying to back up all of the photo's I have from their memorial services and such.  Life has been too crazy as of late and I didn't back them up... I didn't follow the number one rule. Back it up!

Not sure what my options are, but if someone has any suggstions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Christy

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 244

Posted 12/16/2012 11:48 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Can't identify the virus but I know it's there.  Help needed please!Alert an admin about: Can't identify the virus but I know it's there.  Help needed please!
Hello Christy,

I am very sorry about your loss.

Try running a sfc /scannow by going to Start and typing cmd -> right click on the cmd.exe result ->Run as administrator. In the new black window type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
After the scan is completed, type chkdsk /r and press Enter. Since the drive is in use, the check disk scan will not start. Press Y to schedule it to run on the next reboot.
Download and run (as administrator) the ServicesRepair tool.
Reboot your PC and allow the check disk to run.

Best wishes!

Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

Post Edited (Robert Mateescu) : 12/16/2012 8:52:42 PM GMT

New Topic Post reply to : Can't identify the virus but I know it's there.  Help needed please! Printable version of : Can't identify the virus but I know it's there.  Help needed please!

Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, April 23, 2014 11:18 PM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,372 posts in 13,275 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 3 new threads and 8 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 35782 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, g4naass.
1 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Internet connection intermittent (13)4/23/2014 6:14:10 PM (wafu)
Safe Results while surfing no longer show (16)4/23/2014 5:38:33 PM (Andreea-Luciana Ostache)
Slowed internet browsing (3)4/23/2014 5:26:48 PM (Andreea-Luciana Ostache)
Computer unresponsive. (Registry Issues / Crs.exe failed) PLEASE HELP! (0)4/23/2014 2:25:17 AM (Pkmans)
Bullguard not shutting off Windows Firewall (1)4/22/2014 9:06:45 PM (Andreea-Luciana Ostache)