BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
FBI Lockout Virus - Did I get Lucky?

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > Virus Removal > Removal Help > FBI Lockout Virus - Did I get Lucky?  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Locked Topic Printable version of : FBI Lockout Virus - Did I get Lucky?
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Slider

Date Joined Apr 2014
Total Posts : 3

Posted 4/4/2014 12:40 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: FBI Lockout Virus - Did I get Lucky?Alert an admin about: FBI Lockout Virus - Did I get Lucky?
Hello all, my first post here.

I'm running a brand new Win7 Machine, IE10, behind a router.  Running Norton Security Suite.  Win Defender is installed but turned off, not sure if it will interfere with Norton or vice-versa.A little over a week ago, I was browsing an adult site and got one of the "FBI Lockdown" warning screens, with a countdown clock.  I didn't spend more than a few seconds looking at it, I knew it was bad news.  It locked my browser, couldn't close anything, but I immediately hit CTRL ALT DEL and "Log Off" on the resulting Win 7 splash screen.  I quickly did a Norton scan and found nothing.  The machine has run fine ever since.

Well, today the same thing happened.  Same "FBI Lockdown" timer screen.  Did the same thing, hit CTRL ALT DEL, and "Log Off".  Machine is again running fine.

My question...did Norton block this virus, resulting in me getting away with this not once, but twice?  I'm not that familiar with the virus other than reading the horror stories on other forums of people actually having their machines locked down.  Did I dodge a bullet, or has this virus set a timer that's going to lock me down at some point in the near future?

Obviously I'm hoping it's the former and not the latter.

With just migrating from XP and not yet knowing much about Win7, IE10, or Norton Internet Security, I don't know if my system and virus protection saved me or I'm sitting here with a ticking time bomb.  On the XP machines, I ran Avast Paid Version and MalwareBytes MBAM.  On those machines, I would have quickly run a rootkit scan, however as of yet I haven't located that feature.

Seems like if I would have actually caught the virus, my machine would already be locked down.  Anybody have any opinions/advice (other than the obvious of staying away from the adult sites)?

Also, I'm curious if I can install MBAM on this machine along with the Norton Internet Security Suite - that tool saved my bacon dozens of times with malware and I'd feel better having it running if there's no conflicts.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!   

Touch
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2004
Total Posts : 12975

Posted 4/5/2014 8:39 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: FBI Lockout Virus - Did I get Lucky?Alert an admin about: FBI Lockout Virus - Did I get Lucky?
Hi Slider smile

We need to get a comprehensive report of what is present in your system.

Please download
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    Press Scan button.
    It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
    Please copy and paste log back here.
    The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also post that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

Please read:  Forum Rules
Click here:   Before-posting-a-log

Do not PM me with logfiles. They will be deleted. 

Slider

Date Joined Apr 2014

Posted 4/5/2014 4:52 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: FBI Lockout Virus - Did I get Lucky?Alert an admin about: FBI Lockout Virus - Did I get Lucky?
Thanks for the help, Touch...here are the logs:

Problem solved - logs deleted by Slider

Post Edited (Slider) : 4/7/2014 12:33:06 PM GMT

Touch
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2004

Posted 4/7/2014 9:55 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: FBI Lockout Virus - Did I get Lucky?Alert an admin about: FBI Lockout Virus - Did I get Lucky?
There is nothing suspicious in the logs, it looks like you was lucky smile

Slider

Date Joined Apr 2014

Posted 4/7/2014 3:29 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: FBI Lockout Virus - Did I get Lucky?Alert an admin about: FBI Lockout Virus - Did I get Lucky?
Thank you very much, Touch.  That puts my mind at ease.  I did go into the Norton log for the last instance, and saw where several files were blocked from executing at that exact time.  Good to know my anti-virus did it's job.

Thanks again! 

Touch
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2004

Posted 4/8/2014 7:55 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: FBI Lockout Virus - Did I get Lucky?Alert an admin about: FBI Lockout Virus - Did I get Lucky?
My pleasure smile

New Topic Locked Topic Printable version of : FBI Lockout Virus - Did I get Lucky?

Forum Information
Currently it is Tuesday, September 02, 2014 10:00 PM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,586 posts in 13,314 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 4 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36305 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Gordana Daniel.
5 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
BullGuard2014 Quarantine BUG (0)9/2/2014 5:40:39 PM (ztlol1314)
Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they (3)8/31/2014 11:20:08 PM (Robert Mateescu)
Blocking of sites (5)8/31/2014 6:53:45 PM (Robert Mateescu)