BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Fake antivirus Malware preventing me running programs

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > Virus Removal > Removal Help > Fake antivirus Malware preventing me running programs  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Fake antivirus Malware preventing me running programs Printable version of : Fake antivirus Malware preventing me running programs
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Willyweed

Date Joined Sep 2012
Total Posts : 2

Posted 9/9/2012 7:59 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Fake antivirus Malware preventing me running programsAlert an admin about: Fake antivirus Malware preventing me running programs
Hello,

On the guest account on this computer I got a some Malware which is preventing me running any browser, task manager... Essentially anything important. The Malware is called 'Live Security Platinum'

Previously to this my internet browser would randomly redirect to the wrong page when using search engines, and every couple of hours a new tab would appear with a random web page. I presumed it was a virus but as i was only guest on the laptop i could not do anything about it.

I can run the laptop in safe mode, and the Administrator account is clean from it but does have the annoying redirecting thing. Can I just remove the guest account and that remove the Malware, or do i need to clean it first? And can you help me remove the redirecting virus from the administrator. I am also conscious that if i have noticed this one virus i could well have a few more.

Thank You for any help :)

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 9/10/2012 5:07 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Fake antivirus Malware preventing me running programsAlert an admin about: Fake antivirus Malware preventing me running programs
Hello Willyweed,

I recommend that you read this post answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning/live-security-platinum/9d1e13ab-91f1-4972-83da-f2c5c69c97cb and follow the steps from it.

Cheers!

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Willyweed

Date Joined Sep 2012
Total Posts : 2

Posted 9/11/2012 4:19 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Fake antivirus Malware preventing me running programsAlert an admin about: Fake antivirus Malware preventing me running programs
Thank you for the suggestion, it has helped a lot :)

New Topic Post reply to : Fake antivirus Malware preventing me running programs Printable version of : Fake antivirus Malware preventing me running programs

Forum Information
Currently it is Friday, October 31, 2014 9:47 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,719 posts in 13,338 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 4 new threads and 7 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36598 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, BraydenLogan14.
3 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Budget Kitchens London (0)10/31/2014 7:04:45 AM (rakpenak)
Cheap Kitchen Units In UK (0)10/31/2014 6:48:00 AM (mtkyytpw)
COMPUTER PROBLEMS (2)10/31/2014 3:00:32 AM (Deb1957)
Cheap Kitchen Units In Leeds UK (0)10/31/2014 1:45:44 AM (ceagceog8)
Bullguard dosent update to latest versions (19)10/30/2014 6:35:00 PM (LeoK)