BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
How can I remove this virus or is it false positive.?

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > Virus Removal > Removal Help > How can I remove this virus or is it false positive.?  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : How can I remove this virus or is it false positive.? Printable version of : How can I remove this virus or is it false positive.?
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Tuhin

Date Joined Oct 2011
Total Posts : 2

Posted Yesterday 10:25 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: How can I remove this virus or is it false positive.?Alert an admin about: How can I remove this virus or is it false positive.?
Few days back my friend insert a usb drive in my computer and then my whole pc gets infected by email-worm.win32.rounce.b and created lots of readme.eml file in total around 4k Virus. shakehead , after 2 days of cleaning with lots of different anti virus and searching in google my pc is 95% safe now hopefully. I already reinstall my windows 3 times too. But today when I tried to do a final checkup with Eset Smart Security its detected one of my exe file as worm.win32.chir.B and made the files quarantined with this example name : "samplename.exe.vir" But I needed those file as they are too large and I dont have backup so I wanted to do test by scanning with kaspersky pure and It didnt found any virus in the file..... confused . So I am totally confused right now Is it false positive or my files is still infected?. I did checking of that file with kaspersky by removing Eset Smart Security and Changing the file name. Right now I have kaspersky and Malwarebytes installed in PC and both working together... So I would like to know can I still use those file which infections were got traced by Eset or I need to delete them ?

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 318

Posted Today 12:17 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: How can I remove this virus or is it false positive.?Alert an admin about: How can I remove this virus or is it false positive.?
Hi Tuhin,

I am afraid that I can not provide you with an answer without having access to the files in question. However, it is possible that Eset made other alterations to them beside changing the extension to .vir, which could explain why they were not detected as infected by other security software.
Malwarebytes is very good against scareware and spyware, but not very effective against rootkits and complex viruses. However, as long as you have not installed the real time and firewall modules, it should not conflict with Kaspersky.

Cheers!

Robert Mateescu

Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Tuhin

Date Joined Oct 2011
Total Posts : 2

Posted Today 4:33 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: How can I remove this virus or is it false positive.?Alert an admin about: How can I remove this virus or is it false positive.?
Hello, Robert Mateescu. Thank you for your reply. Before I did check those infected files with kaspersky pure I removed the extension .vir but its didnt found anything still. with kaspersky or malwarebyetes. I also tried the worm.win32.chirs.B virus Removal tools from AVG and had no luck with it. It didnt found any virus so I am gonna use the Northon virus removal tools to check if it did find it. Btw How can i give you access to the files which are infected? I have found 300 files with .vir extensions and those all required anyway I can clean the virus out and save the files without losing it? confused

Regards.

Post Edited (Tuhin) : 31-10-2011 02:58:11 GMT

Frank Martin

Date Joined Nov 2011
Total Posts : 4

Posted 11/1/2011 10:55 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: How can I remove this virus or is it false positive.?Alert an admin about: How can I remove this virus or is it false positive.?
My laptop has been infected with the Win32 Patched Ak Virus even though I have Panda protecting me...It disrupted my internet connection setup to pick up the IP address automatically and stays on limited or no connectivity mode... I tried to run Panda but to no avail.. I tried to download the Panda Active Scan but it is only available online but cant access the internet with my infected laptop...Can anyone out there help me please...
Thanks
Virus Removal
|| Technical Support ||

Brian12

Date Joined Oct 2011
Total Posts : 5

Posted 11/2/2011 2:05 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: How can I remove this virus or is it false positive.?Alert an admin about: How can I remove this virus or is it false positive.?
Hi Frank,

Try following the steps in this virus/malware removal guide: www.selectrealsecurity.com/malware-removal-guide

It contains instructions that will remove most malware infections. I hope this helps you.

Brian

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 318

Posted 11/2/2011 6:52 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: How can I remove this virus or is it false positive.?Alert an admin about: How can I remove this virus or is it false positive.?
@Brian: thank you for helping us, but please stop spamming the same link in all topics.

Robert Mateescu

Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

New Topic Post reply to : How can I remove this virus or is it false positive.? Printable version of : How can I remove this virus or is it false positive.?

Forum Information
Currently it is Friday, October 31, 2014 9:09 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,719 posts in 13,338 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 4 new threads and 7 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36596 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, rinaldoben.
2 Guest(s), 1 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
rinaldoben
5 Latest Threads
Budget Kitchens London (0)10/31/2014 7:04:45 AM (rakpenak)
Cheap Kitchen Units In UK (0)10/31/2014 6:48:00 AM (mtkyytpw)
COMPUTER PROBLEMS (2)10/31/2014 3:00:32 AM (Deb1957)
Cheap Kitchen Units In Leeds UK (0)10/31/2014 1:45:44 AM (ceagceog8)
Bullguard dosent update to latest versions (19)10/30/2014 6:35:00 PM (LeoK)