BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
IS THIS VIRUS IN PEN DRIVE? PLZ HELP

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > Virus Removal > Removal Help > IS THIS VIRUS IN PEN DRIVE? PLZ HELP  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : IS THIS VIRUS IN PEN DRIVE? PLZ HELP Printable version of : IS THIS VIRUS IN PEN DRIVE? PLZ HELP
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

sameep007

Date Joined Apr 2008
Total Posts : 10

Posted 3/30/2013 5:10 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: IS THIS VIRUS IN PEN DRIVE? PLZ HELPAlert an admin about: IS THIS VIRUS IN PEN DRIVE? PLZ HELP
I Have a 4 gb pen drive. when i open the pen drive there appears strange charcters of file which is 4gb itself. SO my pendrive memory is 9.6 gb. HOw could this be??. and the files stored in it gets damaged(do not open) especially doc , and jpg files. I scanned with avg but it showed no virus

i even formated the pen drive but it comes back again after some time. i have posted the jpg image of this.

first pic is shows the total memory. that is 9.6 gb. in a 4gb pendrive
second and third pic shows the unknown characters of 4 gb each in each folder ie sony back folder and sony red folder.
and my some files donot open

plz help.

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
4gb pen drive.JPG
  125KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 145 time(s).

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
sony black.JPG
  113KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 107 time(s).

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
sony red.JPG
  103KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 118 time(s).

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 3/30/2013 6:00 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: IS THIS VIRUS IN PEN DRIVE? PLZ HELPAlert an admin about: IS THIS VIRUS IN PEN DRIVE? PLZ HELP
There is no way to tell if that is a virus, or was created by one, or if it's a valid file, just by looking at a picture.

Since the file is so big, I recommend that you first scan the stick/file with your security suite, then you can copy the file on the computer and add it to a Zip archive (this way it's won't to damage to your computer if it's an infection) and remove it from the stick.

If the file is recreated on the stick, you may want to double-check both the stick and your computer. If the file is not recreated, then you can also delete it from the computer.

Take note that, while suspicious, this could still be a valid file, so do not delete it unless you are positive you don't need it.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

sameep007

Date Joined Apr 2008
Total Posts : 10

Posted 3/31/2013 8:15 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: IS THIS VIRUS IN PEN DRIVE? PLZ HELPAlert an admin about: IS THIS VIRUS IN PEN DRIVE? PLZ HELP
I formatted many the stick many times. But it recreates again and again with different file names. And after few days my files won't open which is stored inside it. Moreover avg antivirus didn't detect it as a virus.

Maybe like u said I should zip the files before storing into it. That may not harm my files and would open in future.

Thanks for your opinion........

New Topic Post reply to : IS THIS VIRUS IN PEN DRIVE? PLZ HELP Printable version of : IS THIS VIRUS IN PEN DRIVE? PLZ HELP

Forum Information
Currently it is Saturday, October 25, 2014 7:01 PM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,698 posts in 13,332 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 20 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36552 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, BigStone.
3 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Errors, warnings, infections, trojans and junk (29)10/25/2014 7:27:58 AM (Touch)
Bullguard dosent update to latest versions (13)10/25/2014 3:59:32 AM (BigStone)
Bullguard firewall blocks dns requests for virtual machine clients (3)10/24/2014 11:55:39 AM (leok)