BullGuard
Close
00: 00: 00: 00
Days Hours Minutes Seconds
Close
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Laptop running Win7 refuses to install any virusscanner

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > Virus Removal > Removal Help > Laptop running Win7 refuses to install any virusscanner  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Locked Topic Printable version of : Laptop running Win7 refuses to install any virusscanner
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

BartDM

Date Joined Nov 2012
Total Posts : 2

Posted 11/20/2012 12:30 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Laptop running Win7 refuses to install any virusscannerAlert an admin about: Laptop running Win7 refuses to install any virusscanner
Hiya,

My wife's computer has been on the blink lately. some weeks ago the installed Microsoft Security Essentials didn't start up anymore.
I removed it and reinstalled it but every time it ends with an error message.
The same thing happens when I try to install any other virus scanner.

I'm currently running (remotely) a online scan from ESET (which has already found a number of threats)

Now I'm just wondering what can be done to make sure that the PC lets us install a decent virus scanner again.

any tips, hints, tricks welcome.

Good thing I can connect remotely to the PC at the moment.

with kind regards,
Bart

Touch
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2004
Total Posts : 12969

Posted 11/21/2012 3:30 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Laptop running Win7 refuses to install any virusscannerAlert an admin about: Laptop running Win7 refuses to install any virusscanner
Hello Bart smile

Let´s see what´s running on your computer.

Download OTL by OldTimer, saving it to your desktop: http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTL.exe
• Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
• Select All Users

• Click the Quick Scan button.
Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so.
The scan wont take long.

• When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
• Post both logs

Please read:  Forum Rules
Click here:   Before-posting-a-log

Do not PM me with logfiles. They will be deleted. 

BartDM

Date Joined Nov 2012
Total Posts : 2

Posted 11/21/2012 12:01 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Laptop running Win7 refuses to install any virusscannerAlert an admin about: Laptop running Win7 refuses to install any virusscanner
Hi Touch,

Thanks for the reply.
However we were able to get it sorted out - although in a rather rough manner:

We reinstalled the OS, restored the necessary backups of her programs and presto all is working as it should.

Thanks again for the effort.

have a nice day.

Touch
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2004
Total Posts : 12969

Posted 11/21/2012 12:31 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Laptop running Win7 refuses to install any virusscannerAlert an admin about: Laptop running Win7 refuses to install any virusscanner
My pleasure :-)

Also a nice day to you.............

Please read:  Forum Rules
Click here:   Before-posting-a-log

Do not PM me with logfiles. They will be deleted. 

New Topic Locked Topic Printable version of : Laptop running Win7 refuses to install any virusscanner

Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, April 23, 2014 9:47 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,371 posts in 13,279 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 7 new threads and 4 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 35781 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, gatthelli.
1 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Stilhaus Kitchens Review (0)4/23/2014 4:21:51 AM (gatthelli)
Stilhaus Kitchens Review (0)4/23/2014 4:08:49 AM (gatthelli)
Kitchen Designers Derbyshire (0)4/23/2014 2:58:02 AM (Mbaksopie)
Cheap Kitchen Units UK (0)4/23/2014 2:53:18 AM (Mbahspmbp)
Computer unresponsive. (Registry Issues / Crs.exe failed) PLEASE HELP! (0)4/23/2014 2:25:17 AM (Pkmans)