BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of it

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > Virus Removal > Removal Help > Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of it  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of it Printable version of : Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of it
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

lexxyk

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 3

Posted 8/7/2004 11:09 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of itAlert an admin about: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of it
I am having some problems getting rid of this Proxy Trojan. I have ran AVG and Nortin Anti-virus. I have tried to follow the symatec version of getting rid of a backdoor Trojan and I am still infected. Please help.smhair

eagle

Date Joined May 2004
Total Posts : 805

Posted 8/8/2004 2:11 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of itAlert an admin about: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of it
Are you familiar with regedit at all? if not my suggestion is scrap norton, disable AVG, (temporarily) download Bullguard and scan if it don't delete it, it will probably move it so you can delete it, if that fails you can send the scan logs to support@bullguard.com and they will tell you how to rid yourself of that VILE FILE!

Eagle smilewinkgrin

lexxyk

Date Joined Aug 2004

Posted 8/9/2004 9:30 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of itAlert an admin about: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of it
I downloaded BULLGUARD and it found 2 viruses and said it deleted them. Today I uninstalled bullguard because I like to use my Sygate Firewall instead. Now my AVG just left a message saying the proxy virus is still there.

lexxyk

Date Joined Aug 2004

Posted 8/9/2004 9:36 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of itAlert an admin about: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of it
Eagle,
How do I post my scan logs to the support@bullguard .com?

eagle

Date Joined May 2004

Posted 8/9/2004 9:48 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of itAlert an admin about: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of it
There's two ways the easiest since your scan logs will come up in notepad is to highlight the whole log and then right click, click on copy, then with your email account open right click where you type the message and click paste. and it should be there. the other way is to save it as a file to your desktop then drag and drop it into your email as a attachment.

Eagle smilewinkgrin

Ayk

Date Joined Aug 2004

Posted 8/12/2004 9:12 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of itAlert an admin about: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of it
@lexxyk
had u get any sollution?
i have still the same problem with the proxy.5.at virus.

but at my pc the ie reported in runtime error at the c++ libary if its started.

if i ignore the pop up box surfing is still posible but i think its came from the virus!

i hope u can help

xerallo

Date Joined Aug 2004

Posted 8/12/2004 10:51 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of itAlert an admin about: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of it
Ayk said...
@lexxyk
had u get any sollution?
i have still the same problem with the proxy.5.at virus.

but at my pc the ie reported in runtime error at the c++ libary if its started.

if i ignore the pop up box surfing is still posible but i think its came from the virus!

i hope u can help

It's the same for me, anyone can help me?

Thanks

eagle

Date Joined May 2004

Posted 8/12/2004 2:27 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of itAlert an admin about: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of it
Try my original solution, Download bullguard and scan then send scan logs to support@bullguard.com they can really help they've helped me out several times. Just be sure to either uninstall or disable any other antivirus software two Active programs on the same machine causes conflict.

Eagle smilewinkgrin

prologic

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 1

Posted 8/13/2004 1:25 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of itAlert an admin about: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of it
eagle,

I have a 98 PC with this trojan proxy.5.at with the same issues as the others in this thread but when I ran the bullguard it did not detect any viruses. Without that I cannot send a log into bullguard, have you found out any more info. on this virus? It only comes up when you use IE. Any other suggestions?

old_fart

Date Joined Jun 2004
Total Posts : 35

Posted 8/13/2004 1:48 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of itAlert an admin about: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of it
Previous threads have said that Bullguard has some problems with 98.

One suggestion is to get CWShredder and run it. that may clean it from IE. You may also try uninstalling and then reinstall IE if you have a 98 disc.

HijackThis is also good, but I do not know how it works with 98. One problem is that you need to pick what to delete, and some of the offerings are critical dll's. The name should give you a fairly good clue. If not, try looking them up on the web if you have any doubts.

Luck

Ayk

Date Joined Aug 2004

Posted 8/13/2004 7:23 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of itAlert an admin about: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of it
hi,
yesterday tried bullguard on my xp system but no viruses found...

starting avg proxy.5.at ist detected...
how can i get the ie deinstalled on xp?at software i only found ie links on desktop and start menue to deinstall...

had anyone tested an other browser like opra or netscape?is the virus still there?

thx 4 hlp

Ayk

Date Joined Aug 2004

Posted 8/13/2004 4:59 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of itAlert an admin about: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of it
hi all,
i have installed the opra browser yet and no messages from avg about the virus!
so i think the virus is hanging on the i-explorer exe!

this explains the c++ runtime error at this way
who had deinstalled the i-explorer out off winxp und reinstalled it and can give anny help this way?

thx
ayk

eagle

Date Joined May 2004

Posted 8/13/2004 8:26 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of itAlert an admin about: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of it
I have only one, go to www.mozilla.org and download firefox it's a whole lot better than IE safer too. use it myself no hassles yet. and it looks alot like IE6.

Eagle smilewinkgrin

xerallo

Date Joined Aug 2004

Posted 8/16/2004 10:15 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of itAlert an admin about: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of it
I'm using mozilla and firefox in the computer, but you need IE for somethings, like windows update. Tge question, it's how to take out the virus from the computer, because when you use the IE, you have again the virus in your computer

eagle

Date Joined May 2004

Posted 8/16/2004 5:12 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of itAlert an admin about: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of it
Email bullguard.com for the answer cause honestly not sure, the address is www.support@bullguard.com they should be able to help. as far as 98 goes they need to know that as well for the ones runing XP you can probably go into regedit and delete the files if your familiar with it, if not then really don't try.

Eagle smilewinkgrin

Mihai GT
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 39

Posted 8/17/2004 11:54 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of itAlert an admin about: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of it
Hello people,

Scan all local drives. Be sure to do that. Here are some tips on how to do it:

1. open BullGuard
2. go to the Antivirus section
3. Overview tab
4. click Scan Now
5. in the right part of the dialog box that appears check the box where it says Local Drives

Then send the scan log to support@bullguard.com. The scan log file is named vscan.log file and is to be found in the BullGuard installation folder, which is usually c:\program files\bullguard\.

It is better to send it as an attachment then to just copy and paste. It will make reading it much easier.

Any other issues on viruses, read documentation at www.bullguard.com/support/virus_removal.aspx.

All the best
Mihai skull

Mihai Gherghelescu
mihai@bullguard.com

BullGuard Support Team
support@bullguard.com

Bullguard
www.bullguard.com/support/virus_removal/

xerallo

Date Joined Aug 2004

Posted 8/18/2004 7:53 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of itAlert an admin about: Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of it
Finally i erase that trojan virus with HijackThis and the antivirus program

New Topic Post reply to : Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of it Printable version of : Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of it

Forum Information
Currently it is Saturday, December 20, 2014 6:27 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,826 posts in 13,364 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 4 new threads and 1 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36997 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, MosQuiTos007.
6 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Discount Kitchens Sale (0)12/20/2014 6:56:18 AM (MosQuiTos007)
Discount Kitchens (0)12/20/2014 4:33:29 AM (ceagceog30)
Cheap Kitchens UK (0)12/20/2014 4:31:46 AM (ceagceog30)
Cut Price Kitchens UK (0)12/20/2014 3:55:37 AM (chmymjdf)
Firewall blocking programs without warning/ BsFireTemp Folder (3)12/17/2014 9:18:56 PM (Gavio101)