BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Virus wont allow to download or upload

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > Virus Removal > Removal Help > Virus wont allow to download or upload  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Virus wont allow to download or upload Printable version of : Virus wont allow to download or upload
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Bob92

Date Joined May 2009
Total Posts : 21

Posted 10/20/2009 11:37 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Virus wont allow to download or uploadAlert an admin about: Virus wont allow to download or upload
This virus has shut down all my anti-virus software,AVG,spybot, highjack this, combofix. I have tried to download combo fix and malwarebytes by renaming and it will not allow the download. At this point I dont think I can download anything.
Please help
Bob

Touch
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2004
Total Posts : 12975

Posted 10/21/2009 9:43 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Virus wont allow to download or uploadAlert an admin about: Virus wont allow to download or upload
Hello Bob92

See if you download and run the below tool ->

and download File Lister.
Save it to your Desktop
Rightlick ->> Extract all ->> And extract it to your Desktop
Open the File Lister Folder.
Note: Leave the FileLister.vbe file in the folder and run it from there.
Rightclick FileLister.vbe ->>Select Open Then Open to confirm.
When the program is fnished it will produce a log for you C:\Files.txt

Copy and paste the contents of that log in your reply.

The log will be reasonably large so you may have to divide it into sections and make several posts to post it.

Do NOT post your problem in someone elses thread.
A non-profit, volunteer network.

Bob92

Date Joined May 2009

Posted 10/21/2009 5:12 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Virus wont allow to download or uploadAlert an admin about: Virus wont allow to download or upload
Dave,

I downloaded, but cant unzip file. Also, any programs I have tried to download and save to desktop, I cant find.
Even when I allow computer to search.....no success.

Thanks,
Bob

Touch
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2004

Posted 10/21/2009 5:50 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Virus wont allow to download or uploadAlert an admin about: Virus wont allow to download or upload
Ok. Then run some online scan ->

to perform an online scan. Please use Internet Explorer as it uses ActiveX.
Check (tick) this box: YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
Click on the Start button next to it.
When prompted to run ActiveX. click Yes.
You will be asked to install an ActiveX. Click Install.
Once installed, the scanner will be initialized.
After the scanner is initialized, click Start.
Check (tick) Remove found threats box.
Check (tick) Scan unwanted applications.
Click on Scan.
It will start scanning. Please be patient.
Once the scan is done, you will find a log in C:\Program Files\esetonlinescanner\log.txt.

Follow the instructions on the site. When downloaded, click on – Check for updates – Button.
Under Configuration and Preferences, click the Preferences button.
Click the
Scanning Control tab.
Under
Scanner Options make sure the following are checked:
Close browsers before scanning
Scan for tracking cookies
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
Ignore System Restore/Volume Information on ME and XP
Please leave the others unchecked.
On the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software click Scan your computer.
On the left check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under Complete Scan, choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click Next to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK.
Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next.
It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click
NO.

When the scan have finished ->
Click Preferences . Click the Statistics/Logs tab .
Under
Scanner Logs , double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log .
It will open in your default text editor (such as Notepad/Wordpad).
  • Save the logfile to desktop
  • Click close and close again to exit the program.
Reboot, if needed.
Post Superantispyware log, along with ESET log

Bob92

Date Joined May 2009

Posted 10/21/2009 9:03 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Virus wont allow to download or uploadAlert an admin about: Virus wont allow to download or upload
Dave,
I can get to eset site, but I cant load scanner. When I receive email from ypu, with the link, I hit the link and a pop-up shows
that says,"cant find application"
Thanks,
Bob

Touch
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2004

Posted 10/22/2009 8:37 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Virus wont allow to download or uploadAlert an admin about: Virus wont allow to download or upload
Ok. Try to do the above suggestions from safe mode with network.

Bob92

Date Joined May 2009

Posted 10/23/2009 1:04 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Virus wont allow to download or uploadAlert an admin about: Virus wont allow to download or upload
I ran eset in safe mode. Could not save log. It deleted about 8 infections. Could not run superantispyware. If this helps, when I try to open anti-virus software on my desktop...I get "windows cannot access specified device, path or file. You may not have appropiate permision to access item", or if I click on a link it will say"application not found"
I did reboot, out of safe mode and having same problems

Thanks,
Bob

Bob

Touch
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2004

Posted 10/23/2009 8:16 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Virus wont allow to download or uploadAlert an admin about: Virus wont allow to download or upload
Hmm rolleyes

and download Win32kDiag.exe directly to your C drive folder, so it then is C:\Win32kDiag.exe.

Go to Start - Run, type cmd (and press OK). At the prompt type or copy/paste the following, pressing Enter after:

cd\
win32kdiag -r -f

Once that completes press any key to finish the scan. Post the new Win32kDiag.txt log with your next reply (it should be located on the desktop).

If by chance you cannot run the command window steps ->
Click on Start->Run, and copy-paste the following command (the bolded text) into the "Open" box, and click OK.

"%userprofile%\desktop\win32kdiag.exe" -f -r

When it's finished, there will be a log called Win32kDiag.txt on your desktop. Please open it with notepad and post the contents here.

Bob92

Date Joined May 2009

Posted 10/24/2009 9:04 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Virus wont allow to download or uploadAlert an admin about: Virus wont allow to download or upload
I did not do last direction yet, however I was able to run eset in normal mode and this was result of scan:
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\atapi.sys Win32/Olmarik.OF virus unable to clean

Touch
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2004

Posted 10/25/2009 5:21 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Virus wont allow to download or uploadAlert an admin about: Virus wont allow to download or upload
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\atapi.sys Win32/Olmarik.OF virus unable to clean
That´s not a good sign, therefore run the Win32kDiag.exe instructions, as there are probably more infections.

Bob92

Date Joined May 2009

Posted 10/26/2009 12:07 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Virus wont allow to download or uploadAlert an admin about: Virus wont allow to download or upload
unsucessfull downloading win32kdiag.exe.
Both commands,you gave me will not work."not recognized as a internal or external command, operable program or batch file

Touch
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2004

Posted 10/28/2009 1:08 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Virus wont allow to download or uploadAlert an admin about: Virus wont allow to download or upload
Ok. See if you can run Gmer ->

and download the installer for Gmer to your desktop, then click that file to run Gmer.

If on it's opening scan Gmer locates items shown in red or indicates "hidden" or "rootkit", stop there, and click on the Copy button and rightclick on your Desktop, choose "New" > Text document. Once the file is created, open it and rightclick again and choose Paste. Copy the information and post it here please. We don't want any crashes just from taking an initial look at things.

If not, then click on Scan (before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while this scan completes. Also do not use your computer during the scan).

When completed, click on the Copy button and rightclick on your Desktop, choose "New" > Text document. Once the file is created, open it and rightclick again and choose Paste. Copy the information and post it here please.

You can break logs into parts and use separate posts here when replying and posting the log files, if needed.

Bob92

Date Joined May 2009

Posted 10/28/2009 5:02 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Virus wont allow to download or uploadAlert an admin about: Virus wont allow to download or upload
Dave,
gmer will not download. When download screen pops up it say it has downloaded 0 bytes of 0 bytes.
Bob

Bob92

Date Joined May 2009

Posted 11/4/2009 5:38 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Virus wont allow to download or uploadAlert an admin about: Virus wont allow to download or upload
Is this a lost cause?

Touch
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2004

Posted 11/5/2009 9:54 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Virus wont allow to download or uploadAlert an admin about: Virus wont allow to download or upload
Unfortunality, it looks like it. However, let´s try one more shot ->

Download and run rkill:
Then see if you can run any of the security tools you have ?

New Topic Post reply to : Virus wont allow to download or upload Printable version of : Virus wont allow to download or upload

Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9:56 PM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,583 posts in 13,318 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 7 new threads and 4 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36283 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, semlenget911.
5 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Kitchen Sale Aberdeen (0)8/27/2014 5:40:59 PM (semlenget911)
Kitchens For Sale Bradford (0)8/27/2014 3:39:22 PM (emeseeyu)
Blocking of sites (1)8/27/2014 11:19:55 AM (Dickens)
The arena Buy Ffxi Gill estimates that (0)8/27/2014 9:14:51 AM (fifiacoinswimp)
The Accounts Fifa 15 Ultimate Team Coins administering says (0)8/27/2014 9:05:00 AM (fifiacoinswimp)