Min

/

Sec

Blocking of sites

Posted 8/25/2014 10:46 PM

Leto Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 6
Please help. Over a month ago that Firefox Portable blocks some known websites that are supposed to be legitimate (Google, Yahoo, Facebook). Disabling the antivirus the problem goes away, but when you activate the antivirus again the problem returns. <br/> <br/>Some samples of what I mean: <br/>User image <br/>User image <br/>User image <br/> <br/>What is this? Can my network has been attacked and are trying to impersonate legitimate sites with false sites? What should I do to fix it? <br/> <br/>PD.- Sorry for bad grammar, my language is Spanish and I only know very little English. The text was translated with Google Translate.
Posted 8/27/2014 11:19 AM

Dickens Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 261
Hello Leto, <br/> <br/>What Internet Security program are you using? <br/> <br/>Have you looked at your Internet Security settings - maybe they are set too high?
Posted 8/27/2014 9:06 PM

Leto Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Hello Dickens, <br/>I'm using BullGuard Internet Security. <br/>The problem only occurs in Firefox Portable. <br/>Firefox Portable is the browser I have ever used on my computer.
Posted 8/28/2014 8:06 AM

Dickens Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 261
Hello Leto, <br/> <br/>It does seem to be a strange problem. I am not familiar with Firefox Portable. Sorry I am not much help! <br/> <br/>I suggest you contact BullGuard Internet Security Technical Support. Unfortunately they do not do Live Chat in Spanish; however you could email their Spanish Support on: <br/> <br/>support es@bullguard.com
Posted 8/29/2014 8:49 PM

Leto Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Ok, thank you. <br/>Could you try downloading Firefox Portable and see if you also blocks you Facebok, Google or Yahoo? <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>PD: The Support tell me to not be able to respond until 10 September.. :(
Posted 8/31/2014 6:53 PM

Robert Mateescu Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 427
Hi there, <br/> <br/>Here is what I recommend: <br/>A. Go to Start > and open a Command prompt window. (either Start> Run > type CMD and press Enter or Start>> type CMD and press Enter ). In this window, type “ipconfig /flushdns” and again close the browser. <br/>B. Right click the Network connection icon in the lower right corner of the screen (Wireless or Lan) > Open Network and Sharing Center. Click on the Ethernet or Wireless connection (depending which one you are using). . In the new Window press Properties> Locate Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) and after selecting it, press Properties. Set the DNS to the google public DNS as 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and check Validate settings upon exit. <br/>C. Open the browser once more and see if the issue persists. <br/> <br/>Best wishes!
Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly via Live Chat for immediate assistance: http://www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Saturday, December 3, 2016, 5:42 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,157 posts in 13,447 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 1 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,966 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Don Tee.
There are currently no users on-line.