Can't identify the virus but I know it's there. Help needed please!

Posted 12/16/2012 3:08 PM

dodsoncm Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
Good Morning All, <br/> <br/> <br/>About a week ago I lost the broadband connection on my HP Pavillion (Vista SP2). Computer is horribly slow. Anytime I try to run a program or a service, such as msconfig, I receive the error that "The Specified Service does not exist as an installed service." <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>I'm running McAfee Total Protection which updates automatically. I've run a McAfee full scan, a Malwarebytes full scan, Stinger, TDSSKILLER, McAfee Rootkit Removal (unsuccessful). All of them have found nothing. I've run the scans during a normal boot as well as safemode. <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>My USB and CD/R access is also shut down so I don't have a way to copy any logs to another PC and post them here in the forum. I'm at a loss as what to do. <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>I would simply reload the PC, however I am unable to back anything up. I know, I know, important things should always be backed up to a secondary source. I recently lost my mother and husband to cancer (and then I had a work accident). I'm trying to back up all of the photo's I have from their memorial services and such. Life has been too crazy as of late and I didn't back them up... I didn't follow the number one rule. Back it up! <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>Not sure what my options are, but if someone has any suggstions, it would be greatly appreciated. <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>Christy
Posted 12/16/2012 8:48 PM

Robert Mateescu Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 427
Hello Christy, <br/> <br/>I am very sorry about your loss. <br/> <br/>Try running a sfc /scannow by going to Start and typing cmd -> right click on the cmd.exe result ->Run as administrator. In the new black window type sfc /scannow and press Enter. <br/>After the scan is completed, type chkdsk /r and press Enter. Since the drive is in use, the check disk scan will not start. Press Y to schedule it to run on the next reboot. <br/>Download and run (as administrator) the ServicesRepair tool. <br/>Reboot your PC and allow the check disk to run. <br/> <br/> <br/>Best wishes!
Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly via Live Chat for immediate assistance: http://www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Thursday, December 8, 2016, 9:18 PM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,163 posts in 13,450 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 3 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,968 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Crawlerz.
There are currently no users on-line.