Fake Java website

Posted 6/10/2014 8:55 PM

NiallOGrady91 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
Hi Guys,

i really need your help, its making it almost impossible to browse as everytime i go onto a site i get the following pop-up saying i need to update my Java,

i know my java is updated already and i have done a full scan of my computer and re-installed my Chrome however i still get re-directed to this site, i have looked it up a little bit and it does seem like quite a bad virus if i was to click download, how can i stop this from popping up

The link is below that keeps popping up, please do not access it as it could be dangerous

!!!! http: // download.adobaaoan.us/Flashplay/Lem/App/MD/UK/auload.html?installer=Flash_Player_11_for_Other !!!!

please help

many thanks
Posted 6/11/2014 1:45 PM

Touch Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 12976
Hi and welcome :smile:

That´s really an annoying popup

Please download
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

and save it to your Desktop.

[color=green]Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.[/color]

[LIST]
Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
Please copy and paste log back here.
The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.
[/LIST]

[color=black face="Courier New" sab="311">[2]Click here: Before-posting-a-log[/2][/url]

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
[/color]
Do not PM me with logfiles. They will be deleted.

• Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Sunday, May 28, 2017, 12:19 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,214 posts in 13,468 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 3 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,033 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, shaynahamilton.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.