Fake Java website

Posted 6/10/2014 8:55 PM

NiallOGrady91 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
Hi Guys, <br/> <br/>i really need your help, its making it almost impossible to browse as everytime i go onto a site i get the following pop-up saying i need to update my Java, <br/> <br/>i know my java is updated already and i have done a full scan of my computer and re-installed my Chrome however i still get re-directed to this site, i have looked it up a little bit and it does seem like quite a bad virus if i was to click download, how can i stop this from popping up <br/> <br/>The link is below that keeps popping up, please do not access it as it could be dangerous <br/> <br/>!!!! http: // download.adobaaoan.us/Flashplay/Lem/App/MD/UK/auload.html?installer=Flash_Player_11_for_Other !!!! <br/> <br/>please help <br/> <br/>many thanks
Posted 6/11/2014 1:45 PM

Touch Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 12976
Hi and welcome :smile: <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>That´s really an annoying popup <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/> Please download <br/>Farbar Recovery Scan Tool <br/>and save it to your Desktop. <br/> <br/> <br/>[color=green]Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. <br/>Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.[/color] <br/> <br/> <br/>[LIST] <br/>Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer. <br/>Press Scan button. <br/>It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from. <br/>Please copy and paste log back here. <br/>The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply. <br/>[/LIST]

[color=black face="Courier New" sab="311">[2]Click here: Before-posting-a-log[/2][/url]

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
[/color]
Do not PM me with logfiles. They will be deleted.

• Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Saturday, December 10, 2016, 7:45 PM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,164 posts in 13,450 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 4 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,970 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, MJD.
There are currently no users on-line.