HELP Removing Virus that Malwarebytes can't catch

Posted 7/16/2014 6:46 PM

dana@edu Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
My desktop (Dell Optiplex 780/Vista OS) is infected with a virus that keeps placing my %AppData% folder onto the desktop. Shortly after I notice that it's been placed on the desktop, my internet goes out. I have Malwarebytes and Microsoft Sec. Essentials and neither are detecting it. I installed and ran AdwCleaner, and it gets me to the point where I can get back online, but this virus regenerates, so I've had to do this everyday for the last three days. Also it is blocking my firewall settings, so I am unable to turn it back on. Please help me remove any and all viruses from my pc. It is imperative as i work from home and am in school. So with out my pc I'm majorly screwed.[2] [/2]
Posted 7/17/2014 11:32 AM

Touch Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 12976
Hi and welcome :smile: <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>Please download <br/>Farbar Recovery Scan Tool <br/>and save it to your Desktop. <br/> <br/> <br/>[color=green]Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. <br/>Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.[/color] <br/> <br/> <br/>[LIST] <br/>Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer. <br/>Press Scan button. <br/>It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from. <br/>Please copy and paste log back here. <br/>The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply. <br/>[/LIST]

[color=black face="Courier New" sab="311">[2]Click here: Before-posting-a-log[/2][/url]

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
[/color]
Do not PM me with logfiles. They will be deleted.

• Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Thursday, December 8, 2016, 8:51 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,163 posts in 13,450 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 3 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,968 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Crawlerz.
There are currently no users on-line.