Min

/

Sec

IS THIS VIRUS IN PEN DRIVE? PLZ HELP

Posted 3/30/2013 2:10 PM

sameep007 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
I Have a 4 gb pen drive. when i open the pen drive there appears strange charcters of file which is 4gb itself. SO my pendrive memory is 9.6 gb. HOw could this be??. and the files stored in it gets damaged(do not open) especially doc , and jpg files. I scanned with avg but it showed no virus <br/> <br/>i even formated the pen drive but it comes back again after some time. i have posted the jpg image of this. <br/> <br/>first pic is shows the total memory. that is 9.6 gb. in a 4gb pendrive <br/>second and third pic shows the unknown characters of 4 gb each in each folder ie sony back folder and sony red folder. <br/>and my some files donot open <br/> <br/>plz help.
Post attachments:
4gb pen drive.JPGsony black.JPGsony red.JPG
Posted 3/30/2013 3:00 PM

Advanced member

There is no way to tell if that is a virus, or was created by one, or if it's a valid file, just by looking at a picture. <br/> <br/>Since the file is so big, I recommend that you first scan the stick/file with your security suite, then you can copy the file on the computer and add it to a Zip archive (this way it's won't to damage to your computer if it's an infection) and remove it from the stick. <br/> <br/>If the file is recreated on the stick, you may want to double-check both the stick and your computer. If the file is not recreated, then you can also delete it from the computer. <br/> <br/>Take note that, while suspicious, this could still be a valid file, so do not delete it unless you are positive you don't need it.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 16

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 3/31/2013 5:15 PM

sameep007 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
I formatted many the stick many times. But it recreates again and again with different file names. And after few days my files won't open which is stored inside it. Moreover avg antivirus didn't detect it as a virus. <br/> <br/>Maybe like u said I should zip the files before storing into it. That may not harm my files and would open in future. <br/> <br/>Thanks for your opinion........
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Sunday, December 4, 2016, 4:53 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,160 posts in 13,449 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 3 new threads and 4 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,968 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Old shape.
There are currently no users on-line.