McAfee Phishing Filter MSKAPB~1.DLL

Posted 8/1/2012 12:23 PM

EdwardMarlus Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
Greetings! I have a problem here and i'm kind of not savvy with computers so...Very very recently my web browsers (Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox) seem to have been outfitted with a toolbar. I tracked the toolbar to the add-on section to try to get rid of it and found out it was apparently a virus. I'm looking for advice on how to get rid of it now and anything would help me greatly...Thank you in advance!
Posted 8/1/2012 1:37 PM

stanleywan Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 35
Did you run any anti-virus software ?
Posted 8/2/2012 4:11 PM

Robert Mateescu Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 427
Hi there, <br/> <br/>If the "McAfee Phishing Filter.dll" name is correct, it is most likely the McAfee AntiPhishing module (which is similar to BullGuard Safe Browsing). <br/>You can disable the toolbar or uninstall it from the browsers menu. <br/> <br/>Additionally, you can check your installed programs and remove McAfee from there. <br/> <br/>Cheers!
Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly via Live Chat for immediate assistance: http://www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Saturday, December 10, 2016, 8:07 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,163 posts in 13,450 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 3 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,969 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Heisenberg.
There are currently no users on-line.