=
A GREAT DEAL
Buy Now  |  60% off

my new laptop has been infected by a trojan

Posted 9/15/2004 5:11 PM

gbarzey Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
I really dont know any thing about removing viruses. When I turned on my laptop, a message from Norton AntiVirus came up sayin it was infected by a trojan horse at the location C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts and it said that it could not remove it. I have the 2003 version of the AntiVirus.

I have no idea what this means or how to resolve it and sometimes I am unable to open web pages since the virus notification showed up.

Please Help Me...Thanks

Also I have another computer that has Norton Antivirus 2001 and although it has not identified what type of virus it has, I am unable to log on to any pages on that computer. When I try to do so I am interupted by a search page. Do you know what may be causing that and what I can do to remove the problem.
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Tuesday, August 22, 2017, 6:50 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,346 posts in 13,491 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,076 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, joefear.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.