Proxy.5.AT, I can't get rid of it

Posted 8/7/2004 9:09 PM

lexxyk Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 3
I am having some problems getting rid of this Proxy Trojan. I have ran AVG and Nortin Anti-virus. I have tried to follow the symatec version of getting rid of a backdoor Trojan and I am still infected. Please help. :smhair:
Posted 8/8/2004 12:11 PM

eagle Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 492
Are you familiar with regedit at all? if not my suggestion is scrap norton, disable AVG, (temporarily) download Bullguard and scan if it don't delete it, it will probably move it so you can delete it, if that fails you can send the scan logs to support@bullguard.com and they will tell you how to rid yourself of that VILE FILE!

Eagle :smilewinkgrin:
Posted 8/9/2004 7:30 PM

lexxyk Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
I downloaded BULLGUARD and it found 2 viruses and said it deleted them. Today I uninstalled bullguard because I like to use my Sygate Firewall instead. Now my AVG just left a message saying the proxy virus is still there.
Posted 8/9/2004 7:36 PM

lexxyk Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Eagle,

How do I post my scan logs to the support@bullguard .com?
Posted 8/9/2004 7:48 PM

eagle Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
There's two ways the easiest since your scan logs will come up in notepad is to highlight the whole log and then right click, click on copy, then with your email account open right click where you type the message and click paste. and it should be there. the other way is to save it as a file to your desktop then drag and drop it into your email as a attachment.

Posted 8/12/2004 7:12 AM

Ayk Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
@lexxyk
had u get any sollution?
i have still the same problem with the proxy.5.at virus.

but at my pc the ie reported in runtime error at the c++ libary if its started.

if i ignore the pop up box surfing is still posible but i think its came from the virus!

i hope u can help
Posted 8/12/2004 8:51 AM

xerallo Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
"Ayk" wrote: @lexxyk
had u get any sollution?
i have still the same problem with the proxy.5.at virus.

but at my pc the ie reported in runtime error at the c++ libary if its started.

if i ignore the pop up box surfing is still posible but i think its came from the virus!

i hope u can help

It's the same for me, anyone can help me?

Thanks
Posted 8/12/2004 12:27 PM

eagle Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Try my original solution, Download bullguard and scan then send scan logs to support@bullguard.com they can really help they've helped me out several times. Just be sure to either uninstall or disable any other antivirus software two Active programs on the same machine causes conflict.

Posted 8/12/2004 11:25 PM

prologic Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
eagle,

I have a 98 PC with this trojan proxy.5.at with the same issues as the others in this thread but when I ran the bullguard it did not detect any viruses. Without that I cannot send a log into bullguard, have you found out any more info. on this virus? It only comes up when you use IE. Any other suggestions?
Posted 8/12/2004 11:48 PM

old_fart Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 33
Previous threads have said that Bullguard has some problems with 98.

One suggestion is to get CWShredder and run it. that may clean it from IE. You may also try uninstalling and then reinstall IE if you have a 98 disc.

HijackThis is also good, but I do not know how it works with 98. One problem is that you need to pick what to delete, and some of the offerings are critical dll's. The name should give you a fairly good clue. If not, try looking them up on the web if you have any doubts.

Luck
Posted 8/13/2004 5:23 AM

Ayk Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
hi,
yesterday tried bullguard on my xp system but no viruses found...

starting avg proxy.5.at ist detected...
how can i get the ie deinstalled on xp?at software i only found ie links on desktop and start menue to deinstall...

had anyone tested an other browser like opra or netscape?is the virus still there?

thx 4 hlp
Posted 8/13/2004 2:59 PM

Ayk Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
hi all,
i have installed the opra browser yet and no messages from avg about the virus!
so i think the virus is hanging on the i-explorer exe!

this explains the c++ runtime error at this way
who had deinstalled the i-explorer out off winxp und reinstalled it and can give anny help this way?

thx
ayk
Posted 8/13/2004 6:26 PM

eagle Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
I have only one, go to www.mozilla.org and download firefox it's a whole lot better than IE safer too. use it myself no hassles yet. and it looks alot like IE6.

Posted 8/16/2004 8:15 AM

xerallo Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
I'm using mozilla and firefox in the computer, but you need IE for somethings, like windows update. Tge question, it's how to take out the virus from the computer, because when you use the IE, you have again the virus in your computer
Posted 8/16/2004 3:12 PM

eagle Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Email bullguard.com for the answer cause honestly not sure, the address is www.support@bullguard.com they should be able to help. as far as 98 goes they need to know that as well for the ones runing XP you can probably go into regedit and delete the files if your familiar with it, if not then really don't try.

Posted 8/17/2004 9:54 PM

Mihai GT Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 28
Hello people,

Scan all local drives. Be sure to do that. Here are some tips on how to do it:

1. open BullGuard
2. go to the Antivirus section
3. Overview tab
4. click Scan Now
5. in the right part of the dialog box that appears check the box where it says Local Drives

Then send the scan log to support@bullguard.com. The scan log file is named vscan.log file and is to be found in the BullGuard installation folder, which is usually c:\program files\bullguard\.

It is better to send it as an attachment then to just copy and paste. It will make reading it much easier.

Any other issues on viruses, read documentation at www.bullguard.com/support/virus_removal.aspx.

All the best
Mihai :skull:
Posted 8/18/2004 5:53 PM

xerallo Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Finally i erase that trojan virus with HijackThis and the antivirus program
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Friday, April 28, 2017, 4:24 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,194 posts in 13,463 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 1 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,022 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, kevint89.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.