BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Banning Hosts from attacking my computer

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > General Security > Computer and Mobile Security > Banning Hosts from attacking my computer  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Banning Hosts from attacking my computer Printable version of : Banning Hosts from attacking my computer
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

charter

Date Joined Aug 2009
Total Posts : 30

Posted 8/29/2010 5:41 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Banning Hosts from attacking my computerAlert an admin about: Banning Hosts from attacking my computer
I am using Version 9.0

I have set the following path: Firewall > Settings > Security > Enable Attack Detection to the maximum 86,400 seconds (24 hrs).
When an intruder tries to attack and I look at the following path: Firewall > Banned Hosts it states they are only banned for 20864 seconds.
Could anyone tell me why the difference.

When using version 8.7 in the Attack Detector section, I had the parameters set at 3000 / 12 / 0 / 1 / 6 / 256 and then click on activate and restart the computer and this banned all attacks permanently.

Does anyone know if setting the following path with do the same: Firewall > Settings > Security > Enable Attack Detection > Detect Port Scans (Configure) and setting the parameters the same will ban all these attacks permanently?

If not what can I change?

All help much appreciated

Post Edited (charter) : 29-08-2010 15:42:07 GMT

Alin Vlad
Trusted Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 393

Posted 9/3/2010 4:38 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Banning Hosts from attacking my computerAlert an admin about: Banning Hosts from attacking my computer
Hi,

I will kindly ask you to perform the following instructions:

1. Open BullGuard and go to Firewall menu > Firewall Log.
2. Right-click in the screen on the IP that you want to ban and select Ban Remote Host - Ban Permanently option.
3. Restart your computer or the BullGuard application.

Alin Vlad
Senior Support Technician
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download Free Trial version of BullGuard

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

charter

Date Joined Aug 2009

Posted 9/3/2010 5:10 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Banning Hosts from attacking my computerAlert an admin about: Banning Hosts from attacking my computer
Already already tried this Alin but it does not work. These IPs are still trying to attack.

Alin Vlad
Trusted Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 9/3/2010 5:47 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Banning Hosts from attacking my computerAlert an admin about: Banning Hosts from attacking my computer
The IP's appear in Firewall - Banned Hosts ?

Alin Vlad
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

charter

Date Joined Aug 2009

Posted 9/3/2010 8:45 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Banning Hosts from attacking my computerAlert an admin about: Banning Hosts from attacking my computer
Yes they do but the attacks keep coming and this section is rapidly filling up. I now have 54 of them (all from 2 IP's)
Each time these 2 IP's try to attack 2 more boxes appear with 'Blocked For 20864 sec.'
After this period they will turn to 'Permanently Blocked' but then a few hours later it will happen again.
I had no problems with Version 8.7 but this has been happening since upgrading to V9.0.
I think this is the worst upgrade bullguard has ever done. Just bug after bug.
Another thing that doesn't work is that on the section 'Main > System Status > Updates" there is a problem
On the notification level where it says 'Show A Notification For Every Update' I have this checked but I never get a notification.

Alin Vlad
Trusted Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 9/3/2010 8:57 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Banning Hosts from attacking my computerAlert an admin about: Banning Hosts from attacking my computer
I will kindly ask you to perform the following instructions:

1. Open BullGuard and go to Firewall menu > Firewall Log.
2. Right-click in the screen on an existing log entry and select "Explore Log folder...". Copy to your Desktop the logs from today and yesterday.
3. Right-click in the screen again and select "Dump internal rules...". The file BgFwRules.rltxt will be copied to your desktop.
4. Attach the 3 files to an email.
5. Simultaneously press "Windows Key"+"R" on your keyboard, type-in "cmd" in the new window and press [Enter].
6. Type "ipconfig /all" and press [Enter].
7. Right-click in the MS-Dos window and choose "Select All".
8. Press [Enter] on your keyboard, then press Ctrl+V in the body of the reply, in order to paste the information.
9. Send the mail at support@bullguard.com

Regarding the update notification problem, this is a known issue and is being investigated by our Development Team. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We will analyze the information and get back to you within one hour.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Alin Vlad
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

New Topic Post reply to : Banning Hosts from attacking my computer Printable version of : Banning Hosts from attacking my computer

Forum Information
Currently it is Sunday, November 23, 2014 3:29 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,769 posts in 13,349 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 3 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36820 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, clairebutler.
6 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Will the problems never end? (4)11/21/2014 8:06:59 AM (Deb1957)
Bgscan parameters (4)11/20/2014 7:17:53 PM (janis)