BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Bullguard connect with updating

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > General Security > Computer and Mobile Security > Bullguard connect with updating  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard connect with updating Printable version of : Bullguard connect with updating
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

OKIDOKI

Date Joined Nov 2008
Total Posts : 2

Posted 11/13/2008 5:43 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard connect with updatingAlert an admin about: Bullguard connect with updating
My father wants to update his Bullguard, so he just have to click on the button Update and it says that Bullguard can't find connection to the Internet.
Bud that's weird because he just can open Internet and works perfect.

I have also installed Bullguard and mine is up-to-date...

So anyone have an idea?

I'm from Holland, so I don't talk correct English ;)

Kaatje36

Date Joined Nov 2008
Total Posts : 1

Posted 11/14/2008 5:02 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard connect with updatingAlert an admin about: Bullguard connect with updating
Hello,
I have the same problems as written above/below. When I want to update my bullguard, he says that there is no internet connection, but my internet is connected.
I write this online, so I have a connection with internet, but Bullguard can't find an internet connection for updates and the message center in Bullguard. When I want to start an online live chat or want to sent an email to Bullguard he says: sys - communication error. Try again later / SendEmail --removed.
What to do now ?
Kind regards,
Kaatje36

Niek84

Date Joined Nov 2008
Total Posts : 3

Posted 11/15/2008 12:31 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard connect with updatingAlert an admin about: Bullguard connect with updating
Hello,

I'm Niek, also from the Netherlands. I haven't an idea caus my problem is the same as typed above. My connection with the internet is good, but bullguard can't connect with the update server so I can't update my account. Who can help us with this problem?

Kind regards,

Niek

Post Edited (Niek84) : 15-11-2008 10:32:42 GMT

Prospector

Date Joined Nov 2008

Posted 11/15/2008 12:48 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard connect with updatingAlert an admin about: Bullguard connect with updating
Heya.

Same thing for me.

Denmark

jacojaco

Date Joined Nov 2008

Posted 11/15/2008 2:56 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard connect with updatingAlert an admin about: Bullguard connect with updating
Hello.

Me also.

JacoJaco - Denmark

sefke

Date Joined Nov 2008

Posted 11/15/2008 6:05 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard connect with updatingAlert an admin about: Bullguard connect with updating
hallo okidoki ik heb hetzelfde prbleem sinds een week
ik heb vanmiddag via de live chat de oplassing gevonden
je moet de firewall even uitzetten en dan updaten
vervolgens heb ik de firewall anders ingesteld nl op laag nivo
bij mij werkt het nu weer succes
jos

OKIDOKI said...
My father wants to update his Bullguard, so he just have to click on the button Update and it says that Bullguard can't find connection to the Internet.
Bud that's weird because he just can open Internet and works perfect.

I have also installed Bullguard and mine is up-to-date...

So anyone have an idea?

Niek84

Date Joined Nov 2008

Posted 11/15/2008 6:38 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard connect with updatingAlert an admin about: Bullguard connect with updating
He Sefke,

Ik zat ook met het probleem en bij mij is het verholpen dankzij je advies, dankje!!

Gr Niek

Niek84

Date Joined Nov 2008

Posted 11/15/2008 8:26 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard connect with updatingAlert an admin about: Bullguard connect with updating
Hello people from Denmark,

Sefke solved the problem, Sefke typed the message above in Dutch, i'll translate it for you:

You need to set off the firewall, when the firewall is off you can update bullguard. After the update you can set the firewall on and there you go :D

Good luck!

Greetz Niek

Post Edited (Niek84) : 15-11-2008 18:28:24 GMT

Prospector

Date Joined Nov 2008

Posted 11/17/2008 9:56 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard connect with updatingAlert an admin about: Bullguard connect with updating
YaY... works now. thx alot sefke. hop and thx for the translation. :p

Post Edited (Prospector) : 17-11-2008 19:58:45 GMT

Alin Vlad
Trusted Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 393

Posted 11/22/2008 1:55 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard connect with updatingAlert an admin about: Bullguard connect with updating
This is known issue caused by a faulty automatic update from 8.0 to 8.5. We are very sorry for this incovenience. A solution has been found and released in a registry fix form. I have uploaded it here : www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=75378.

All you need to do is to unzip it, then double click to add the information to the registry. Afterwards, it is very important to restart your computer.

Højgaard

Date Joined Dec 2008

Posted 12/27/2008 12:10 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard connect with updatingAlert an admin about: Bullguard connect with updating
Alin Vlad said...
This is known issue caused by a faulty automatic update from 8.0 to 8.5. We are very sorry for this incovenience. A solution has been found and released in a registry fix form. I have uploaded it here : www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=75378.

All you need to do is to unzip it, then double click to add the information to the registry. Afterwards, it is very important to restart your computer.
I have the exact same problem. I have tried to shut off my Firewall, but it is stille the same "cannot connect with Bullguard server" answer i get.
Then i tried to download the abovementioned file but it says that the file is damaged. Do you have another upload for this file or another solution for this problem?

Morten, Denmark

Post Edited (Højgaard) : 26-12-2008 22:11:16 GMT

Alin Vlad
Trusted Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 393

Posted 12/29/2008 7:37 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Bullguard connect with updatingAlert an admin about: Bullguard connect with updating
Hello Morten,

The problem has been solved a couple of weeks ago through an automatic update. What i advice you to do is to reinstall the BullGuard application using this online guide : www.bullguard.com/support/product-guides/bullguard-internet-security-guides/reinstall.aspx.

Anyway, the fix mentioned in the previous reply does not work anymore.

Alin Vlad
Senior Support Technician
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard connect with updating Printable version of : Bullguard connect with updating

Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, November 26, 2014 3:33 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,773 posts in 13,351 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 2 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36845 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Diski.
6 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
New user having problems (1)11/26/2014 12:03:02 AM (Robert Mateescu)
Spam Box (1)11/25/2014 11:36:36 PM (Robert Mateescu)