BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Bullguard found to be affecting performance of Adobe Photoshop and Bridge

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > General Security > Computer and Mobile Security > Bullguard found to be affecting performance of Adobe Photoshop and Bridge  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard found to be affecting performance of Adobe Photoshop and Bridge Printable version of : Bullguard found to be affecting performance of Adobe Photoshop and Bridge
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

shanta4

Date Joined Feb 2012
Total Posts : 17

Posted 2/5/2012 12:39 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard found to be affecting performance of Adobe Photoshop and BridgeAlert an admin about: Bullguard found to be affecting performance of Adobe Photoshop and Bridge
Having recently purchased Adobe Photoshop CS5 I have been having a lot of trouble with the programme either freezing completely or taking ages to react. After a lot of trial and error I have found that if I disable Bullguard the programme runs perfectly.
Has anyone else had this problem and if so is there a solution?

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 2/5/2012 7:18 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard found to be affecting performance of Adobe Photoshop and BridgeAlert an admin about: Bullguard found to be affecting performance of Adobe Photoshop and Bridge
What is your current computer configuration (processor, RAM, Hard Drive)?

Do you have BullGuard 12 installed, or another version?

If you have BullGuard 12, in order to check which exact BullGuard plugin causes the issue, here is what I recommend:

1. Double-click on the BullGuard icon in the System Tray and open the application.
2. Click on the Settings button from the lower left corner of the window.
3. Navigate to the "Antivirus Real Time" section from the left panel of the window and check the "OFF" option.
4. Check if the issue persists.
5. Go to the "Firewall" section and disable this BullGuard engine by clicking on the "OFF" button.
6. Test if the problem is still there.
7. Go to the "Spamfilter" section and disable this BullGuard engine, as well.
8. Check if the problem persists.
9. Navigate to the "Vulnerabilities" section and turn off the module.
10. Check again if the issue persists.
11. Right-click the BullGuard icon in the System Tray and select "Exit".
12. Disable the entire application and check if the problem is still there.

Post the results and which exact BullGuard plugin causes the issue.

Also, very important, I recommend that after taking these steps you re-enable BullGuard and turn back on the Antivirus, Firewall, Spamfilter and Vulnerabilities plugins, for your machine's protection.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

shanta4

Date Joined Feb 2012

Posted 2/5/2012 6:07 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard found to be affecting performance of Adobe Photoshop and BridgeAlert an admin about: Bullguard found to be affecting performance of Adobe Photoshop and Bridge
Thank you for your prompt reply.
I am running Windows 7, 7GB RAM, Intel i5-2300 CPU, two hard drives both showing 455GB.
I have done as you advised and the programme works fine with the Spamfilter and Firewall turned on but as soon as I turn back on the AntiVirus the problem returns.
Not sure what version of Bullguard I have but it does state it is an up to date version.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 2/5/2012 10:48 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard found to be affecting performance of Adobe Photoshop and BridgeAlert an admin about: Bullguard found to be affecting performance of Adobe Photoshop and Bridge
I recommend you try and tweak the settings in the Antivirus module as follows:

1. Open BullGuard by double-clicking on it's icon from the system tray, next to Windows clock.
2. Click on the Settings link from the lower left corner of BullGuard's window and go to the Real Time Antivirus module > File section.
3. Under the "Where to scan" enable the "Only scan files loaded for execution" option.
4. In the "Browsing" section, uncheck the "Scan web traffic" option from the "Where to scan" section.
5. In the "Advanced" section, disable the "Scan files from network location" option from the "Where to scan" section.
6. Restart the computer.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

shanta4

Date Joined Feb 2012

Posted 2/6/2012 12:52 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard found to be affecting performance of Adobe Photoshop and BridgeAlert an admin about: Bullguard found to be affecting performance of Adobe Photoshop and Bridge
I might be a bit dense but having clicked on the icon I cannot find any of these options. There is no settings button bottom left/real time anti-virus module etc.
The only settings is on a tab and there are five options
Load Bullguard at Windows start up
Minimize consul at start up
Enable Bullguard News
Enable communication screen
Use proxy connection
The first four are all ticked but the last isn't.
I have been into Start/All Programmes/Bullguard to see if that made any difference but I just get the same screen.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 2/6/2012 8:13 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard found to be affecting performance of Adobe Photoshop and BridgeAlert an admin about: Bullguard found to be affecting performance of Adobe Photoshop and Bridge
Your not dense, you just do not have the latest version of BullGuard installed. Try downloading BullGuard 12 from our site, install it and then login with your existing username and password.
After you have upgraded your BullGuard, let us know if you still have difficulties.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

shanta4

Date Joined Feb 2012

Posted 2/7/2012 12:51 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard found to be affecting performance of Adobe Photoshop and BridgeAlert an admin about: Bullguard found to be affecting performance of Adobe Photoshop and Bridge
Have downloaded Bullguard 12 and all seems ok. Many thanks for your help.

shanta4

Date Joined Feb 2012

Posted 2/7/2012 1:03 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard found to be affecting performance of Adobe Photoshop and BridgeAlert an admin about: Bullguard found to be affecting performance of Adobe Photoshop and Bridge
Have now noticed that it is saying that the download is a trial and I have fifteen days to go. So I have done something wrong! My subscription is due March 12th.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010

Posted 2/7/2012 6:48 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard found to be affecting performance of Adobe Photoshop and BridgeAlert an admin about: Bullguard found to be affecting performance of Adobe Photoshop and Bridge
Well, we have BullGuard Antivirus, which is just the antivirus (interface is yellow'ish), and we have BullGuard Internet Security, which is the complete suite (interface is red). Just reinstall the version for which your subscription is.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard found to be affecting performance of Adobe Photoshop and Bridge Printable version of : Bullguard found to be affecting performance of Adobe Photoshop and Bridge

Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, September 24, 2014 1:25 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,617 posts in 13,321 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 5 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36391 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Briank10.
2 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Two Questions - Changelog & License (3)9/23/2014 9:13:34 AM (NorthPole)
I definitely have Malware, I've tried everything I know how to do (2)9/23/2014 4:11:08 AM (AllPhillyFan)
Unable to access the internet after updating Trusteer (0)9/22/2014 6:49:37 PM (Robert Mateescu)
SPAM and The Bat (1)9/22/2014 4:02:39 PM (Robert Mateescu)
Crackling Audio With Bullguard (9)9/21/2014 7:57:44 PM (Chris.B)