BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Bullguard want to reboot for update

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > General Security > Computer and Mobile Security > Bullguard want to reboot for update  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard want to reboot for update Printable version of : Bullguard want to reboot for update
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

battleblade

Date Joined Dec 2008
Total Posts : 1

Posted 12/25/2008 1:35 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard want to reboot for updateAlert an admin about: Bullguard want to reboot for update
it asked me to reboot my pc to install an important update.
But when my pc was done. Bullguard ask me to reboot it one more time. And have done it in a total of 5 times now. mad
and to be honest, not every fun confused

sry my bad grammer. but think I got everything through

Touch
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2004
Total Posts : 12975

Posted 12/26/2008 9:27 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Bullguard want to reboot for updateAlert an admin about: Bullguard want to reboot for update
Hello smile

This can be the Cause ->

BullGuard’s LiveUpdater keeps a flag on the disk called "PendingSystemReboot" when it needs a reboot to install updates. This file is scheduled for deletion at the same time as the updates are made, by use of a shared registry key. Some other application / installation package might want to use the same shared registry key, and replaces BullGuard’s entries with its own. Thus, the PendingSystemReboot file never gets deleted, and the LiveUpdater gets stuck thinking it needs a reboot.

Solution
1. Browse to the following location on your PC and delete the PendingSystemReboot file manually:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BullGuard\LiveUpdate\Flags

2. Go to BullGuard’s Main section > Account tab and update the application once more.
3. Restart your computer.

Note: “Application Data” is a hidden folder and you may need to follow these steps to make sure you can find it. Alternatively, you can hold the Windows key from your keyboard and press “R” at the same time. Copy-paste the path mention above into the “Run” dialog that appears and click OK.

Do NOT post your problem in someone elses thread.
A non-profit, volunteer network.

New Topic Post reply to : Bullguard want to reboot for update Printable version of : Bullguard want to reboot for update

Forum Information
Currently it is Tuesday, October 21, 2014 12:19 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,663 posts in 13,330 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 0 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36537 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, ericbana14.
6 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Errors, warnings, infections, trojans and junk (0)10/20/2014 8:46:20 PM (Deb1957)