BullGuard
Close
00: 00: 00: 00
Days Hours Minutes Seconds
Close
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Does BullGuard auto update?

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > General Security > Computer and Mobile Security > Does BullGuard auto update?  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Does BullGuard auto update? Printable version of : Does BullGuard auto update?
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

berryracer

Date Joined Oct 2012
Total Posts : 20

Posted 10/12/2012 9:24 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Does BullGuard auto update?Alert an admin about: Does BullGuard auto update?
I don't mean the Virus Definitions, I mean, does it update the program itself automatically?

Right now my BullGuard Internet Security is v13.0.252

Paul.R

Date Joined Oct 2012
Total Posts : 20

Posted 10/12/2012 2:49 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Does BullGuard auto update?Alert an admin about: Does BullGuard auto update?
Same version here!

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 244

Posted 10/12/2012 3:00 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Does BullGuard auto update?Alert an admin about: Does BullGuard auto update?
Hi there,

We release new virus definitions every hour and usually a "subversion" upgrade once a week.

The latest ones can be detected by the change in the version name (usually current ++) and contain bug fixes for different modules and may require a system reboot.

New versions (next one will be 2014 -if the End of the World doesn't happen as "advertised" :) ) are usually pushed via auto-upgrade 2 or 3 months after the official release, as we want to gather some feedback before upgrading all computers.

All of the above are free of any charges, the first 2 are completely automated, whilst the version upgrade requires a manual download for users eager to upgrade before the auto-upgrade process.

All the best!

Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

IgorS

Date Joined Dec 2012
Total Posts : 14

Posted 12/31/2012 12:29 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Does BullGuard auto update?Alert an admin about: Does BullGuard auto update?
Yes it boot automatically if you choose the option while installation.

dallas7

Date Joined Sep 2012
Total Posts : 15

Posted 1/3/2013 12:41 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Does BullGuard auto update?Alert an admin about: Does BullGuard auto update?
@Robert Mateescu

Where would a customer find out what the latest version is? I am running BG-AV .255. Where would I go to determine that .255 is current or discover that .256 is available?

Where are the manual downloads for the eager users?

Thank you. And Happy New Year!

"Machines making machines! How perverse." -C3PO
BullGuard AV 2013 - Online Armor Premium - Zemana AntiLogger - Malwarebytes Pro
• Win7hpSP1x64 • i7-3770K/Z77/AMD HD 7770 Tower • i5-2430M/H65/iHD3000 Laptop •

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 512

Posted 1/4/2013 6:49 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Does BullGuard auto update?Alert an admin about: Does BullGuard auto update?
Did you read the reply that you received from our developers on the feedback.bullguard.com forum to which I never gave you the link for?

Let me be so kind as to save time and provide the reply:

"Thank you for your feedback. I can assure you that we are looking into ways of keeping our customers up-to-date regarding version updates and upgrades or server maintenance, so your suggestion does fit into our mid-term strategy of improving our customer communication."

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

dallas7

Date Joined Sep 2012
Total Posts : 15

Posted 1/7/2013 11:51 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Does BullGuard auto update?Alert an admin about: Does BullGuard auto update?
Thank you for your kindness.

Yes, I did read that. And it's baloney - "we are looking into ways of keeping our customers up-to-date." Seriously??

As long as I am a customer and this public forum is available, I will take BullGuard to task for keeping its clientel completely in the dark. All it would take is:
1) a simple line of text, "Current version..." on the "Tech Specs" page and
2) a Changelog forum here.

Once again today the only way I discovered my application was upgraded was to run ManualUpdate.exe (which I have since pinned to the Taskbar).

I interpret your reply to my questions (in direct contradiction of Robert's implications in the third posting above) there is no way for a customer to find out what the latest version is and there no manual downloads for eager users.

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
BGAVagain.jpg
  53KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 156 time(s).

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 512

Posted 1/13/2013 11:12 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Does BullGuard auto update?Alert an admin about: Does BullGuard auto update?
You can contact us 24/7 by e-mail, chat and forum, to learn if you have the latest version or not.

There is no contradiction in my reply, or any of our replies. Robert explained how our updates and upgrade work currently and our developers told you that they are looking into a solution to make it possible for users to be able to know whether they have the latest version or not.

Manual downloads are always available in our Downloads section and our users can update and upgrade their BullGuard to the very latest version available, free of charge.

If there is any contradiction anywhere, please be so kind as to point it out to me.

The BullGuard forum is a free forum, so please feel free to express your thoughts and ideas here.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

techadam

Date Joined Mar 2013
Total Posts : 6

Posted 3/20/2013 2:33 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Does BullGuard auto update?Alert an admin about: Does BullGuard auto update?
Hi,

you can select the option while installing the anti virus software for this purpose.

New Topic Post reply to : Does BullGuard auto update? Printable version of : Does BullGuard auto update?

Forum Information
Currently it is Friday, April 18, 2014 1:26 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,354 posts in 13,272 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 11 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 35761 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, green615.
1 Guest(s), 1 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
Robert Mateescu
5 Latest Threads
Internet connection intermittent (4)4/17/2014 6:59:24 PM (wafu)
Music Hanging when surfing net, stops when i turn off firewall! (3)4/16/2014 4:20:53 PM (MNH)
Computer running snail slow, virus maybe (26)4/16/2014 3:12:05 PM (KMB1999)
Google Redirect - trouble removing it (9)4/15/2014 9:42:12 PM (Sha2009)
Bullguard 2014 Internet Security: Firewall blocks internet connection at startup (5)4/15/2014 4:09:10 PM (wafu)