BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Errors after update to v. 8.7: 0x424 and others

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > General Security > Computer and Mobile Security > Errors after update to v. 8.7: 0x424 and others  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Locked Topic Printable version of : Errors after update to v. 8.7: 0x424 and others
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Jesper Laustsen

Date Joined Aug 2009
Total Posts : 1

Posted 8/22/2009 2:17 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Errors after update to v. 8.7: 0x424 and othersAlert an admin about: Errors after update to v. 8.7: 0x424 and others
I have a desktop computer running Windows Vista Home Premium, and also running Bullguard 8.7 (upgraded from 8.5 installation). However this computer is not the problem. Each of my daugthers have a laptop, running Windows XP sp3, but with original BG 8.5 installation.
Today we powered on the laptops for the first time in 6 months I think, and of course each laptop had to retrieve tons of updates both for windows and for BG.
Now one laptop is running smoothly, while the other is acting strange. The one acting strange cannot start Firewall service, reporting error 0x424, step 5. After a while, it also reports error on "incoming email service".
It worked fine before the updates, but now it eats ressources and report errors. I've allready tried the recommended "reboot - check if problem persists, then re-install BG". Didnt work.

Sincerely,
Jesper Laustsen,
Denmark

Jintan

Date Joined Dec 2006
Total Posts : 1428

Posted 8/24/2009 1:39 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Errors after update to v. 8.7: 0x424 and othersAlert an admin about: Errors after update to v. 8.7: 0x424 and others
Hej Jesper Laustsen,

I am thinking that is some service related error. Let's take a look at things on that laptop.

To keep them from interfering with the repairs, be sure to temporarily disable all antivirus/anti-spyware softwares while these steps are being completed. This can usually be done through right clicking the software's Taskbar icons, or accessing each software through Start - Programs.

Download RSIT (random's system information tool) from here to your desktop, then click on the RSIT.exe to start the scan.

If necessary allow it to locate or download a copy of HijackThis as needed.

Once the scan completes a textbox will open - copy/paste those contents here for review please. The log can also be found at C:\rsit\log.txt.

RSIT will also create a second log, info.txt, which will be minimized to your taskbar. Post that here as well please (it will also be stored at C:\rsit\info.txt).

You can break logs into parts and use separate posts here when replying and posting the log files, if needed.

Click here and help my friend help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives.

New Topic Locked Topic Printable version of : Errors after update to v. 8.7: 0x424 and others

Forum Information
Currently it is Monday, November 24, 2014 2:14 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,769 posts in 13,349 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 1 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36820 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, clairebutler.
7 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Will the problems never end? (4)11/21/2014 8:06:59 AM (Deb1957)