BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Firewall blocking accesss for xbox and Samsung TV

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > General Security > Computer and Mobile Security > Firewall blocking accesss for xbox and Samsung TV  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Firewall blocking accesss for xbox and Samsung TV Printable version of : Firewall blocking accesss for xbox and Samsung TV
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Falmari

Date Joined Jan 2009
Total Posts : 2

Posted 7/31/2011 9:43 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Firewall blocking accesss for xbox and Samsung TVAlert an admin about: Firewall blocking accesss for xbox and Samsung TV
Hi I have a problem with bullGuard firewall preventing my xbox and Samsung tv playing videos and music on my PC.

Both my tv and xbox can see the directories and files but can't play them.
But if I turn the firewall off then both the xbox and the TV can play the videos and music files.

Of course I don't want to have the fire wall off how do I go about unblock those devices.

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 244

Posted 9/15/2011 4:40 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Firewall blocking accesss for xbox and Samsung TVAlert an admin about: Firewall blocking accesss for xbox and Samsung TV
HI Falmari,

Create rules in order to allow the Xbox to stream media from the PC:

1. While BullGuard is still open, go to the Firewall - Application rules.
2. Go to the Low Level Rules tab, right click any existing rule and select "Add new rule..."
3. In the following window, name the rule and set it's policy to Allow.
4. Double click the Protocol drop down list for the respective rule and set it to TCP.
5. Double click the Ports drop down list for the same rule, and enter port 2869 in both the Remote and Local fields.
6. Repeat the above procedure for the following set:

1900, TCP
10284, UDP
10283, UDP
10282, UDP
10281, UDP

Note that your TV may use other ports (the one from above are for Xbox). If the issue persists, contact our support team for further assistance.

Robert Mateescu

Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

New Topic Post reply to : Firewall blocking accesss for xbox and Samsung TV Printable version of : Firewall blocking accesss for xbox and Samsung TV

Forum Information
Currently it is Friday, April 25, 2014 3:39 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,377 posts in 13,279 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 5 new threads and 9 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 35792 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, dulc88.
1 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
HOW TO REMOVE WIN32:SALITY VIRUS (2)4/25/2014 12:23:15 AM (dulc88)
Fitted Kitchens Glasgow (0)4/24/2014 4:15:09 PM (Tambah)
Kitchen Design Lancashire Reviews (0)4/24/2014 1:01:43 PM (gourih)
Stil Haus Kitchens Vance Miller (0)4/24/2014 12:22:24 PM (seneennn9)
Stil Haus Kitchens Vance Miller (0)4/24/2014 11:17:32 AM (mellyone)