BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
HELP - Pop up ad browser problem

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > General Security > Computer and Mobile Security > HELP - Pop up ad browser problem  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : HELP - Pop up ad browser problem Printable version of : HELP - Pop up ad browser problem
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

icetman

Date Joined Jan 2013
Total Posts : 2

Posted 1/2/2013 7:57 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: HELP - Pop up ad browser problemAlert an admin about: HELP - Pop up ad browser problem
running Vista Home Prem 64 bit SP 2 (<---- I know my first problem HA HA)

I have this AD thing on my browser since yesterday (1/1/2013, every 5 to 10 clicks ANY WHERE on my browser (Chrome) and a new window with an ad pops open. This happens in stages

1. first thing a new Chrome window open, in the window address is http://thecdn.04stream.com/ext/pop.php ..... then

2. .... it switches to this this address http://ad.directrev.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_sx.ads/S0000481/1%5brandomNo%5d@x10 ...... then

3. ... switches to an actual ad site address window. It goes to a real company websites so it is some kind of ad script or trojan attached to my Chrome browser. I have ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (updated) but says system is clean.

I goggled the hell out of this and I can not find a removal for it. What brought me here was during my search for a solution of this problem I found this link http://forum.bullguard.com/forum/5/How-to-safely-remove-trojan-fr_92562.html because ON START up since yesterday morning (same time as this problem started) I am now seeing a C: window with the syswow64.exe line which I have never seen before.

So are these 2 related? If not how can I rid my browser/computer with this problem? And is there now something wrong with the syswow64.exe executable?

Post Edited (icetman) : 1/2/2013 5:59:54 PM GMT

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 1/4/2013 5:37 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: HELP - Pop up ad browser problemAlert an admin about: HELP - Pop up ad browser problem
You have an infection that you need to remove, before getting your Chrome back to normal.

Follow the steps from this post and get back to us:
forum.bullguard.com/forum/9/Before-posting-a-log_43562.html

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

icetman

Date Joined Jan 2013
Total Posts : 2

Posted 1/4/2013 4:15 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: HELP - Pop up ad browser problemAlert an admin about: HELP - Pop up ad browser problem
Thank you, that worked!

chad smith

Date Joined Feb 2013
Total Posts : 3

Posted 2/18/2013 2:49 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: HELP - Pop up ad browser problemAlert an admin about: HELP - Pop up ad browser problem
I have this same pop up issue. Do you know which action took care of your problem? I did all the scans and others and nothing has worked. I am about to post logs for help. Anyone? Thank you.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 2/19/2013 11:41 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: HELP - Pop up ad browser problemAlert an admin about: HELP - Pop up ad browser problem
Chad, you may need to restore the settings of your browser as well. You can find a lot of guides on how to do that if you search the internet.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

New Topic Post reply to : HELP - Pop up ad browser problem Printable version of : HELP - Pop up ad browser problem

Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, November 26, 2014 2:21 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,773 posts in 13,351 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 2 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36845 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Diski.
6 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
New user having problems (1)11/26/2014 12:03:02 AM (Robert Mateescu)
Spam Box (1)11/25/2014 11:36:36 PM (Robert Mateescu)