BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Hide My IP Anonymous Surfing Application and Bullguard

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > General Security > Computer and Mobile Security > Hide My IP Anonymous Surfing Application and Bullguard  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Hide My IP Anonymous Surfing Application and Bullguard Printable version of : Hide My IP Anonymous Surfing Application and Bullguard
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

hidemyip

Date Joined Aug 2014
Total Posts : 2

Posted 8/2/2014 1:25 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Hide My IP Anonymous Surfing Application and BullguardAlert an admin about: Hide My IP Anonymous Surfing Application and Bullguard
Hello,

We would like to know if the software product Hide My IP is compatible with Bullguard. This product allows users to protect their IP address and Internet using secure proxy servers. We have been getting reports from some Bullguard users that there are constant alerts about the HideMyIPSrv.exe component in Hide My IP, even though it has been allowed/approved already. Is there any advise we can give to our Hide My IP users to avoid this constant reminder alert in Bullguard?

Please see the attachment showing the alert.

Here is the Hide My IP download page for testing if needed.

Thanks in advance

My Privacy Tools

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
hidemyip.jpg
  22KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 36 time(s).

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 313

Posted 8/4/2014 3:59 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Hide My IP Anonymous Surfing Application and BullguardAlert an admin about: Hide My IP Anonymous Surfing Application and Bullguard
Hi there,

According to our tests, once the "Allow" button is pressed on the Firewall prompt no other pop-up related to HideMyIp appears until the program is updated.

Please confirm that you are pressing the "Allow" button, not the "Allow once" one.

Cheers!

Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 2014

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

hidemyip

Date Joined Aug 2014
Total Posts : 2

Posted 8/5/2014 5:33 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Hide My IP Anonymous Surfing Application and BullguardAlert an admin about: Hide My IP Anonymous Surfing Application and Bullguard
Hi Robert,

Yes, we have confirmed with our mutual users and during our own tests that the Allow button was clicked. During our test, Bullguard showed the popup again after about 1-2 weeks of being installed on our test system with Hide My IP running, asking to re-confirm the HideMyIPSrv.exe

Do you have any ideas why this may happen? Could it happen if the application Hide My IP was uninstalled and then re-installed?

Thanks in advance

My Privacy Tools
www.hide-my-ip.com/

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 313

Posted 8/5/2014 1:32 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Hide My IP Anonymous Surfing Application and BullguardAlert an admin about: Hide My IP Anonymous Surfing Application and Bullguard
Hello,

The prompt appears if the application is reinstalled or updated (as either the MD5 or the proxy server changes).
Although the notification does imply that the program is infected or malicious in any way (as a firewall should ask users for actions regarding all installed applications, but this is rather inconvenient due the large number of pop-ups), you can uncheck the "Detect when programs get modified" box from Settings ->Advanced ->Firewall->Security and let me know if the warning re-appears.

Robert Mateescu
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 2014

You have a BullGuard related problem? Contact our Support team directly: www.bullguard.com/support.aspx!

New Topic Post reply to : Hide My IP Anonymous Surfing Application and Bullguard Printable version of : Hide My IP Anonymous Surfing Application and Bullguard

Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, October 22, 2014 12:47 PM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,676 posts in 13,334 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 5 new threads and 9 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36547 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, bendoljaya.
4 Guest(s), 1 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
Deb1957
5 Latest Threads
Errors, warnings, infections, trojans and junk (9)10/22/2014 9:46:01 AM (Deb1957)
Cheap kitchen Appliances Midlands (0)10/22/2014 7:20:49 AM (bendoljaya)
Cheap kitchen Appliances Online UK (0)10/22/2014 4:38:14 AM (zrorlkdi)
Cheap kitchen Appliances Reviews (0)10/22/2014 2:51:34 AM (ceagceog1)
I very satisfy of this product and I decide to buy it (0)10/21/2014 12:33:09 AM (jaksum)