BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Is my PC doomed ?

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > General Security > Computer and Mobile Security > Is my PC doomed ?  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Is my PC doomed ? Printable version of : Is my PC doomed ?
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Urbanmanc

Date Joined Jan 2009
Total Posts : 14

Posted 6/21/2009 7:12 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Is my PC doomed ?Alert an admin about: Is my PC doomed ?
Hi,

I recently tried to download and install a windows update , it failed ,when I next turned on my PC it said it was configuring updates, it gets to stage 3 of 3 - 87% , then stops and restarts, only to do the same thing time after time until I push the off switch.

When I try to start in safe mode it wont let me choose any of the options and picks "start windows as normal" .

I can get to the bios screen, but that means nothing to me.

Is my expensive (evesham ) pc, that still has 2yrs bullguard, set for the skip ? smhair

Andy

Jintan

Date Joined Dec 2006
Total Posts : 1428

Posted 6/23/2009 6:26 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Is my PC doomed ?Alert an admin about: Is my PC doomed ?
Hello Urbanmanc,

You don't indicate what operating system. I have worked on Vista systems showing this error, and sometimes if you have System Restore enabled you can use that to undo the update. Here are the steps to do to recover from that issue.

Click here and help my friend help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives.

Urbanmanc

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 6/24/2009 12:52 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Is my PC doomed ?Alert an admin about: Is my PC doomed ?
Hi Jintan,
My OS is indeed Vista (Ultimate) , I also sent my problem to Microsoft and they have sent me the same reply.
I will give it a go this weekend and let you know if it's successful , roll on windows 7 yeah

Urban.

Jintan

Date Joined Dec 2006

Posted 6/24/2009 3:17 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Is my PC doomed ?Alert an admin about: Is my PC doomed ?
The two times I have needed to use those steps only one came out successful. The other, which had System Restore disabled, required a reformat/reinstall to make the corrections. Yes, post back updates on your progress if you would.

Click here and help my friend help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives.

Urbanmanc

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 6/27/2009 9:59 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Is my PC doomed ?Alert an admin about: Is my PC doomed ?
Just made an attempt using Microsoft's instructions ,

Windows Error Recovery screen still wouldn't let me choose a safe mode,

My PC failed to find the Windows vista installation disk , and my PC continued attempting to "configure updates" on a loop.

Pressing F8 gave the 'Foxconn smart BIOS' screen ....... don't want to mess with that rolleyes

ESC , gave me the Boot menu ... for 5 seconds ... then .... then ..... Evesham’s own Start-up repair kicked in , asked me to if I wanted to attempt a restore , I click YES , and hey presto .... , I'm up and running again ... by accident.

My windows update has been wiped, there's just one update saying to get further updates I need to install that one, I should imagine once I install it, the update history will return.

I wonder if Microsoft will be giving a discounted version of WIN7 for Vista owners lol

Jintan

Date Joined Dec 2006

Posted 6/28/2009 2:24 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Is my PC doomed ?Alert an admin about: Is my PC doomed ?
No, I do not think Microsoft plans any bonuses for Vista owners any time soon. I appreciate you posting back the update and good you got things back on track there. I would recommend you make sure you have the very latest BIOS updates, as I feel this problem is too often related to that area.

New Topic Post reply to : Is my PC doomed ? Printable version of : Is my PC doomed ?

Forum Information
Currently it is Monday, September 15, 2014 12:28 PM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,596 posts in 13,318 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 3 new threads and 4 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36351 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, filfri.
3 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Cheap Kitchens London (0)9/15/2014 7:25:56 AM (filfri)
Cheap kítchens Sunderland (0)9/15/2014 7:17:13 AM (265bajigur)
Slow Performance Since Installing Bullguard (2)9/14/2014 8:38:23 PM (bcbjork)
Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they (5)9/13/2014 3:08:24 PM (Robert Mateescu)
Bullguard Firewall sometimes fails to start automatically. Error: 0x41d Step 5 (1)9/13/2014 3:06:53 PM (Robert Mateescu)