BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Need updated drivers

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > General Security > Computer and Mobile Security > Need updated drivers  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Need updated drivers Printable version of : Need updated drivers
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

JJONES

Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 20

Posted 4/16/2010 8:00 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Need updated driversAlert an admin about: Need updated drivers
I seem to have some outdated drivers.  Is there any source out there where I can find or have a tool that will scan the computer and help me update any outdated drivers?

Touch
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2004
Total Posts : 12975

Posted 4/17/2010 6:03 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Need updated driversAlert an admin about: Need updated drivers
Is there any source out there where I can find or have a tool that will scan the computer and help me update any outdated drivers?
There is, depending on what drivers !
Try PSI -> To find out what programs need to be updated, please download and run the:

Please read:  Forum Rules
Click here:   Before-posting-a-log

JJONES

Date Joined Nov 2005

Posted 4/18/2010 6:40 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Need updated driversAlert an admin about: Need updated drivers
No luck with the scan.. it didn't detect any outdated drivers.  Basically I have a "Multimedia Audio Controller" showing up in the Device Manager that doesn't have a driver.  I have no idea where to begin figuring out what this hardware is or where to even go searching for a driver.  Any ideas?  Thanks for the help in advance. 

Touch
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2004

Posted 4/19/2010 5:28 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Need updated driversAlert an admin about: Need updated drivers
I assume it is Realtek AC'97 audio driver you need, then go here to Realtek http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false

download the (Excution file) save to desktop, double click to install

The site is slow

Hope this helps ;-)

JJONES

Date Joined Nov 2005

Posted 4/22/2010 3:12 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Need updated driversAlert an admin about: Need updated drivers
Downloaded and installed but no luck on the driver.  Device manager is still showing no driver installed for "Multimedia Audio Controller".  I don't know how to even begin trying to manually find out what hardware is missing the driver and then what driver is needed.  Is there anything I can use to scan the computer to give details on hardware and driver details (especially for the one that's missing)? 

Touch
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jun 2004

Posted 4/22/2010 5:44 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Need updated driversAlert an admin about: Need updated drivers
I need a little more information, what is the make and model number of you computer, or if custom built what is the motherboards make.
Look again at device Manager under Sound, video and game controllers, expand and look for a listing that just gives sound, if we can identify the sound device we can get an updated driver.

If you can't find this information download Belarc Advisor here http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

and post the findings.

Celin Dion

Date Joined Mar 2011
Total Posts : 1

Posted 3/14/2011 5:11 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Need updated driversAlert an admin about: Need updated drivers
I have no idea where to begin figuring out what this hardware is or where to even go searching for a driver. Any ideas? Thanks for the help in advance.

Post Edited (Tavi) : 20-09-2011 03:30:38 GMT

Ange

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 2

Posted 9/19/2011 3:01 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Need updated driversAlert an admin about: Need updated drivers
Try Driver Max or Driver Genius to check for out of date drivers

I've used both and they pick everything up

Hope this helps

New Topic Post reply to : Need updated drivers Printable version of : Need updated drivers

Forum Information
Currently it is Tuesday, September 02, 2014 9:57 PM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,586 posts in 13,314 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 4 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36305 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Gordana Daniel.
6 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
BullGuard2014 Quarantine BUG (0)9/2/2014 5:40:39 PM (ztlol1314)
Bullguard Backup: 3 GB of files are "missing" but freespace calcuation seems to think they (3)8/31/2014 11:20:08 PM (Robert Mateescu)
Blocking of sites (5)8/31/2014 6:53:45 PM (Robert Mateescu)