BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Network config changes

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > General Security > Computer and Mobile Security > Network config changes  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Locked Topic Printable version of : Network config changes
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

iarhill

Date Joined Oct 2009
Total Posts : 16

Posted 12/18/2009 10:26 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Network config changesAlert an admin about: Network config changes
For about 48 hours I was getting "network configuration changes were detected and automatically handled" etc. I did a live chat with Mihaela who had a look and said all I had to do was tick all the settings in the LAN settings to give permission. There was one lot of network addresses that I did not recognise but she ticked it anyway. ( i let her in to have a look ) This did not solve the problem and I was not impressed by the fact that she was letting an unknown network be trusted regardless. ( she said she did not know what it was. In fact it is a default Windows network that is there as in case scenario ) . I sent log files but nothing back yet. This has now stopped and I wonder if this was BG's attempt at sorting out the problem where BG will not let you create a Homegroup? Any ideas anyone

iarhill

Date Joined Oct 2009

Posted 12/20/2009 10:51 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Network config changesAlert an admin about: Network config changes
I see that no one has responded to this. I am on the verge of giving Bullguard the boot and heading for Nod32. Tonight I got the usual message and also no internet connectivity. Luckily win 7 troubleshot and repaired the connection - but on top of not being able to have a Homegroup cos of BG I really think I need to head for a company who knows about Firewalls. Bg is good on the anitmalware but rubbish on firewalls. Not only that but Support have had a my logs for a few days and have not come back with even an interim answer. And if any one thinks maybe they did not get my email with logs, I have the read receipt

iarhill

Date Joined Oct 2009

Posted 12/26/2009 5:59 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Network config changesAlert an admin about: Network config changes
Have given Bullguard the boot. Support did not contact me again after I sent log files on 15 Dec and I had no access to my networked computers. Uninstalled Bullguard, installed Norton 2010, and bingo. All computers on network accessable ( Win 7 64 bit, WIn 7 32 bit and XP ) AND all systems much faster

New Topic Locked Topic Printable version of : Network config changes

Forum Information
Currently it is Friday, October 31, 2014 6:54 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,717 posts in 13,336 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 7 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36588 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, ceagceog8.
3 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
COMPUTER PROBLEMS (2)10/31/2014 3:00:32 AM (Deb1957)
Cheap Kitchen Units In Leeds UK (0)10/31/2014 1:45:44 AM (ceagceog8)
Bullguard dosent update to latest versions (19)10/30/2014 6:35:00 PM (LeoK)
Errors, warnings, infections, trojans and junk (35)10/28/2014 7:50:29 PM (Deb1957)