BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
PC UNABLE TO DETECT INTERNET CONNECTION WHEN ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE ENABLED

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > General Security > Computer and Mobile Security > PC UNABLE TO DETECT INTERNET CONNECTION WHEN ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE ENABLED  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : PC UNABLE TO DETECT INTERNET CONNECTION WHEN ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE ENABLED Printable version of : PC UNABLE TO DETECT INTERNET CONNECTION WHEN ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE ENABLED
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

DavidUK

Date Joined Jun 2008
Total Posts : 1

Posted 6/6/2008 2:35 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: PC UNABLE TO DETECT INTERNET CONNECTION WHEN ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE ENABLEDAlert an admin about: PC UNABLE TO DETECT INTERNET CONNECTION WHEN ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE ENABLED
Hello
Interested to know if anyone experienced the problem I had earlier this week.  When I turned on my pc on 3 June (I am on Vista), the automatic antivirus Update started but the pc froze shortly afterwards and the pc was unable to detect the connection to my broadband internet.  I restarted the pc, and the internet was available again, but only for about 2 minutes.  This problem continued throughout the day, until I disabled the antivirus software - my internet connection was then okay and stable.
On 4 June, I started up the pc, waited for an antivirus Update to load, and then re-enabled the antivirus software.  The internet connection has been okay and stable since that time.
Anyone else had this problem at any time?

Bo0oger

Date Joined Feb 2008

Posted 6/8/2008 4:18 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: PC UNABLE TO DETECT INTERNET CONNECTION WHEN ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE ENABLEDAlert an admin about: PC UNABLE TO DETECT INTERNET CONNECTION WHEN ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE ENABLED
I had the same problem just a couple days ago. I uninstalled the last windows update and turned off automatic updates. No internet connectivity issues yet but I am still experiencing freezing issues for a few months now.

hoggens

Date Joined Aug 2007
Total Posts : 3

Posted 6/8/2008 8:35 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: PC UNABLE TO DETECT INTERNET CONNECTION WHEN ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE ENABLEDAlert an admin about: PC UNABLE TO DETECT INTERNET CONNECTION WHEN ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE ENABLED
Yes i had the same problem,i tried anything,it was really strange.I reinstalled the whole operating sytem Vista,and all programs.Now its working fine,but this was really strange i had connection for 1-5 minutes then i lost it,i called the cable provider,and the HP support since i have a HP,i reinstalled drivers to network card,i dont know what it was but it was strange!!

Tzigani

Date Joined Jun 2008

Posted 6/11/2008 12:43 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: PC UNABLE TO DETECT INTERNET CONNECTION WHEN ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE ENABLEDAlert an admin about: PC UNABLE TO DETECT INTERNET CONNECTION WHEN ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE ENABLED
I have had the same problem. And after about 6 days of mailing with Bullguard support they informed me it was a fault in their updates and they had fixed it around the 6th of June. Now on the 10th i'm getting the fault again. It's really annoying because I also re-formated my PC when the fault first appeared. The way to fix it is to uninstall Bullguard remembering to remove your settings, or you will keep the bad update, the re-install Bullguard and hope the update you get in is good. If it doesn't seem to work it was simply that the update still was bad, so it comes down to a waiting game.

PS. I'm for Denmark so this might be a local solution but it's worth a try. 

New Topic Post reply to : PC UNABLE TO DETECT INTERNET CONNECTION WHEN ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE ENABLED Printable version of : PC UNABLE TO DETECT INTERNET CONNECTION WHEN ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE ENABLED

Forum Information
Currently it is Saturday, July 26, 2014 2:04 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,527 posts in 13,303 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 6 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36173 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, TomHedrick.
4 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Virus Through Email (8)7/25/2014 10:44:18 PM (tbush004)