BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Problems starting and updating Bullguard

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > General Security > Computer and Mobile Security > Problems starting and updating Bullguard  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Problems starting and updating Bullguard Printable version of : Problems starting and updating Bullguard
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Carpetman

Date Joined Jun 2012
Total Posts : 2

Posted 7/19/2012 11:04 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Problems starting and updating BullguardAlert an admin about: Problems starting and updating Bullguard
I'm using Bullguard Internet Security 12.0.227 on a Vista Home Premium computer.

When I start the computer the BG splash screen comes up and goes into the update routine, during this time the computer is effectively locked down.

Then I may get a message telling me that the firewall hasn't started and I manually have to start it.

During the implementing stage of the update the programme gets to 80% and stalls, eventually it will go to 100% and complete. Sometimes the computer will then run, at other times I have to turn it off and start all over. It will then work OK and during the day it updates regularly without problem.

This procedure with take about 20 minutes, what can I do as I deep scanned for virus's, and I've used CCleaner to clear out over 160gb of crap?

Dickens
Trusted Member

Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 303

Posted 7/19/2012 1:58 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Problems starting and updating BullguardAlert an admin about: Problems starting and updating Bullguard
Have you tried a complete reinstall of BullGuard 12?

If you are not sure of the procedure please let me know.

Post Edited (Dickens) : 7/19/2012 10:59:26 AM GMT

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 549

Posted 7/20/2012 10:32 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Problems starting and updating BullguardAlert an admin about: Problems starting and updating Bullguard
This sounds to me like a program conflict. I recommend that you contact support.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 12

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!

Carpetman

Date Joined Jun 2012
Total Posts : 2

Posted 7/21/2012 1:19 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Problems starting and updating BullguardAlert an admin about: Problems starting and updating Bullguard
Hi Dickens, did a re-install after contacting support, doesn't seemed to have made any difference.

Hi Andreea-Luciana, as you can see I have tried support, but will contact them again when I have more time for them to take control.

Thanks to both of you for replying.

New Topic Post reply to : Problems starting and updating Bullguard Printable version of : Problems starting and updating Bullguard

Forum Information
Currently it is Friday, October 24, 2014 11:33 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,692 posts in 13,332 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 27 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36551 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, 270bajigur.
4 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Errors, warnings, infections, trojans and junk (25)10/24/2014 7:49:17 AM (Touch)
Bullguard firewall blocks dns requests for virtual machine clients (2)10/23/2014 9:24:02 PM (leok)