BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Safe search?

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > General Security > Computer and Mobile Security > Safe search?  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Safe search? Printable version of : Safe search?
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

RiK_

Date Joined Oct 2011
Total Posts : 12

Posted 10/26/2011 6:29 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Safe search?Alert an admin about: Safe search?
Bullguard Safe search seems to be incompatible with Firefox 7.01, is this a Firefox or Bullguard issue and is there a fix for it?

Thanks..

Dickens
Trusted Member

Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 303

Posted 10/26/2011 7:07 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Safe search?Alert an admin about: Safe search?
At present I am using Firefox 7.0.1 on a Vista Home Premium 32bit computer with the latest version of BullGuard (120.0.199)

Safe Search is working OK for me.

There have been many posts on this issue in the recent past. Maybe Technical Support should look at it again.

RiK_

Date Joined Oct 2011

Posted 10/26/2011 8:46 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Safe search?Alert an admin about: Safe search?
Contacted live support and they say it's being looked at.

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 279

Posted 10/27/2011 7:43 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Safe search?Alert an admin about: Safe search?
Hi RiK,

Here is what I recommend:

1. Open Mozilla Firefox and go to the add-on link: /addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/add-on-compatibility-reporter/
2. Use the Add to Firefox button to install the add-on, and click Allow when prompted.
3. Open Firefox and go to Tools > Add-ons (Ctrl + Shift+ A shortcut).
4. Go to extension and you will see a Compatibility checking will be enabled after a restart message, hit the Restart now button.
5. Above the BullGuard Safe browsing extension you will have an option that "BullGuard Safe Browsing will be enabled after you restart Firefox/
6. Safe Browsing will now work properly.

Hope this solve your issue :) .

Robert Mateescu

Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

RiK_

Date Joined Oct 2011

Posted 10/27/2011 3:45 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Safe search?Alert an admin about: Safe search?
I tried followed the instructions Robert, thanks for the info, but it still says "safe browsing incompatible with firefox 7.0.1" even though I enabled it.

edit.. the safe search is apparently working now as there are green icons in the search results, but it still says that safe search is incompatible in the add ons list???

Post Edited (RiK_) : 27-10-2011 13:10:08 GMT

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 550

Posted 10/28/2011 4:20 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Safe search?Alert an admin about: Safe search?
Rik, please be informed that the compatibility with Firefox 7.0.1 has been resolved and we have personally tested this.

Try to reinstall BullGuard on your computer and let us know if you have any more problems.

Edit: Did you try re-installing BullGuard like I said?

If you have already tried everything and you did not succeed, read the instructions manual.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

Post Edited (Andreea-Luciana Ostache) : 28-10-2011 12:41:10 GMT

RiK_

Date Joined Oct 2011

Posted 10/29/2011 5:21 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Safe search?Alert an admin about: Safe search?
safe browsing seems to be working OK now, as search results now have the green check mark symbol which says the site has not reported to have any threats when you point to it. It's just that in the add ons list , Firefox it still says that safe browsing is not compatible. is there any need to reinstall bullguard if it seems to be working?

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 550

Posted 10/29/2011 7:17 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Safe search?Alert an admin about: Safe search?
No, I do not think that is necessary for now. Just make sure to always have the latest updates from BullGuard.

If you have already tried everything and you did not succeed, read the instructions manual.

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Senior Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

New Topic Post reply to : Safe search? Printable version of : Safe search?

Forum Information
Currently it is Saturday, August 30, 2014 5:12 AM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,579 posts in 13,312 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 4 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36291 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, SidneyBlum.
4 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Blocking of sites (4)8/29/2014 8:49:52 PM (Leto)