BullGuard
Close
00: 00: 00: 00
Days Hours Minutes Seconds
Close
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Subject : can't get on runescape game

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > General Security > Computer and Mobile Security > Subject : can't get on runescape game  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Subject : can't get on runescape game Printable version of : Subject : can't get on runescape game
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

lballen89

Date Joined Jun 2007
Total Posts : 3

Posted 7/2/2007 3:19 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Subject : can't get on runescape gameAlert an admin about: Subject : can't get on runescape game
I get this error when trying to play:
Error_loader_nocache - Unable to create cache directory.
Runescape was unable to find a suitable place to store its temporary files. To solve this please either:

Login to your computer as an 'administator' user, and then try loading RuneScape again. This should give it sufficient access to create its temporary cache.

Or, create a new directory called c:/rscache or /rscache. If possible, set that directory to have full read+write permissions so that all users can write to it. Runescape should then detect that directory and use it for its files.

If you are unable to do either of the above, then as a last resort you can tell RuneScape not to store any files on the harddisk. When entering the site and choosing between high-detail/low-detail also select 'Unsigned Applet Using Default Java' from the dropdown scroll at the bottom of the detail select page. You will need to do this everytime you load the game. The disadvantage of this is the game will load slower, so if possible use one of the top two solutions instead.

If problems persist then please refer to our technical FAQ which can be found in the FAQ section of our website.

What can I do to fix this

BradWard747

Date Joined Jun 2007
Total Posts : 20

Posted 7/12/2007 10:30 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Subject : can't get on runescape gameAlert an admin about: Subject : can't get on runescape game
A week later a responce :O

Login as an administator (if not already),

Download ccleaner from ccleaner.com

On defult it will clean all internet related files, keep them checked unless u want to keep things like history but please please leave the 1 and 2nd box checked.

Upgrade your java! @ www.java.com

And if that doesnt help runescape has a bulit in tool for that!

When you are chosing between high and low detail scroll down to: (the line under the ad lol)

in the drop down box chose unsigned applet defult java

and if that doesnt help DO NOT ask runescape for help....i am still waiting after MONTHS for a responce. (as its hopeless)

After that it should work and dont forget to reboot! Good luck!

Post Edited (YoshiKingz) : 12-07-2007 07:35:05 GMT

lballen89

Date Joined Jun 2007
Total Posts : 3

Posted 7/14/2007 3:05 PM (GMT +3)    Quote: Subject : can't get on runescape gameAlert an admin about: Subject : can't get on runescape game
Thank you I apricate this info

d3center

Date Joined Aug 2013
Total Posts : 1

Posted 8/28/2013 10:07 AM (GMT +3)    Quote: Subject : can't get on runescape gameAlert an admin about: Subject : can't get on runescape game
I use to meet this problem in the past. But when I come again, I can enter it
By the way

NO ADVERTISING ALLOWED

Post Edited (Andreea-Luciana Ostache) : 8/29/2013 1:46:47 AM GMT

New Topic Post reply to : Subject : can't get on runescape game Printable version of : Subject : can't get on runescape game

Forum Information
Currently it is Sunday, April 20, 2014 6:53 PM (GMT +3)
There are a total of 60,361 posts in 13,272 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 10 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 35768 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, kresek.
1 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Internet connection intermittent (10)4/20/2014 10:26:47 AM (wafu)
Safe Results while surfing no longer show (15)4/18/2014 10:05:11 AM (DCR)