BullGuard
 HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumView The Member ListHelp
Wireless net problem

BullGuard Antivirus Forum > General Security > Computer and Mobile Security > Wireless net problem  
Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post reply to : Wireless net problem Printable version of : Wireless net problem
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Clips3

Date Joined May 2010
Total Posts : 16

Posted 9/20/2011 10:13 AM (GMT +2)    Quote: Wireless net problemAlert an admin about: Wireless net problem
I know this isnt the place, or where i should be asking this, but im at wits end and have no one to help me.

Starting yesterday, my old laptop would not stay connected to the internet, it connects, works for about 30secs then disconnects and will continue to do this non stop.

I thought maybe a fresh install of windows would fix it, but it didnt seem to work. I dont know what else to do here. I can provide any and all info needed.

(all 3 of the other computers are already working flawlessly on the same network)

My old one that isnt working, was working the day before yesterday. So i dunno what i did sad

(again im sorry im not sure where i should post this if it needs moved, please feel free.

Thanks for any help at all.

Robert Mateescu
Forum Moderator

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 348

Posted 9/20/2011 1:52 PM (GMT +2)    Quote: Wireless net problemAlert an admin about: Wireless net problem
Hi Clips3,

I am afraid that you have provided us with very little information about your problem :) .

Let us know what OS are you running and what router and NIC (the exact models) are you using.

If you are using any Internet Security software, disable it (or at least the Firewall).

For Windows XP :
- make sure that you have SP3 installed (there are some issues with XP and the 802.1X wireless protocols).

- Click Start, point to Connect To, click Show all connections, and then double-click your wireless network adapter.
On the General tab, click Properties.
Click the Wireless Networks tab.
Under Preferred Networks, click your home network, and then click Properties.
Click Data encryption (WEP enabled).
Click the Association tab, and then click to clear the Network Authentication (Shared mode) check box and the The key is provided for me automatically check box, if they are selected.
Click the Authentication tab, and then click to clear the Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network check box, if it is selected.
Click OK two times to accept the changes.

For Vista/ 7 make sure UAC, Defender and Windows Firewall are disabled.

If this PC is located in other room than any of the other three, check for any possible sources of interference (2.4Ghz cordless phone, microwave oven, another wireless network with a stronger signal).

Cheers!

Robert Mateescu

Support Technician EN
support@bullguard.com
www.bullguard.com

New Topic Post reply to : Wireless net problem Printable version of : Wireless net problem

Forum Information
Currently it is Saturday, December 20, 2014 10:02 AM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 60,826 posts in 13,364 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 4 new threads and 1 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 36997 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, MosQuiTos007.
8 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
5 Latest Threads
Discount Kitchens Sale (0)12/20/2014 6:56:18 AM (MosQuiTos007)
Discount Kitchens (0)12/20/2014 4:33:29 AM (ceagceog30)
Cheap Kitchens UK (0)12/20/2014 4:31:46 AM (ceagceog30)
Cut Price Kitchens UK (0)12/20/2014 3:55:37 AM (chmymjdf)
Firewall blocking programs without warning/ BsFireTemp Folder (3)12/17/2014 9:18:56 PM (Gavio101)