Banning Hosts from attacking my computer

Posted 8/29/2010 3:41 PM

charter Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 26
I am using Version 9.0 <br/> <br/> <br/>I have set the following path: Firewall > Settings > Security > Enable Attack Detection to the maximum 86,400 seconds (24 hrs). <br/> <br/>When an intruder tries to attack and I look at the following path: Firewall > Banned Hosts it states they are only banned for 20864 seconds. <br/> <br/>Could anyone tell me why the difference. <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>When using version 8.7 in the Attack Detector section, I had the parameters set at 3000 / 12 / 0 / 1 / 6 / 256 and then click on activate and restart the computer and this banned all attacks permanently. <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>Does anyone know if setting the following path with do the same: Firewall > Settings > Security > Enable Attack Detection > Detect Port Scans (Configure) and setting the parameters the same will ban all these attacks permanently? <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>If not what can I change? <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>All help much appreciated
Posted 9/3/2010 2:38 PM

Alin Vlad Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 389
Hi, <br/> <br/>I will kindly ask you to perform the following instructions: <br/> <br/>1. Open BullGuard and go to Firewall menu > Firewall Log. <br/>2. Right-click in the screen on the IP that you want to ban and select Ban Remote Host - Ban Permanently option. <br/>3. Restart your computer or the BullGuard application.
Alin Vlad
Community Manager
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download Free Trial version of BullGuard

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 9/3/2010 3:10 PM

charter Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Already already tried this Alin but it does not work. These IPs are still trying to attack.
Posted 9/3/2010 3:47 PM

Date Joined Nov 2016
The IP's appear in Firewall - Banned Hosts ?
Alin Vlad
Community Manager
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 9/3/2010 6:45 PM

charter Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Yes they do but the attacks keep coming and this section is rapidly filling up. I now have 54 of them (all from 2 IP's) <br/> <br/>Each time these 2 IP's try to attack 2 more boxes appear with 'Blocked For 20864 sec.' <br/> <br/>After this period they will turn to 'Permanently Blocked' but then a few hours later it will happen again. <br/> <br/>I had no problems with Version 8.7 but this has been happening since upgrading to V9.0. <br/> <br/>I think this is the worst upgrade bullguard has ever done. Just bug after bug. <br/> <br/>Another thing that doesn't work is that on the section 'Main > System Status > Updates" there is a problem <br/> <br/>On the notification level where it says 'Show A Notification For Every Update' I have this checked but I never get a notification. <br/> <br/><br /><br />
Posted 9/3/2010 6:57 PM

Date Joined Nov 2016
I will kindly ask you to perform the following instructions: <br/> <br/>1. Open BullGuard and go to Firewall menu > Firewall Log. <br/>2. Right-click in the screen on an existing log entry and select "Explore Log folder...". Copy to your Desktop the logs from today and yesterday. <br/>3. Right-click in the screen again and select "Dump internal rules...". The file BgFwRules.rltxt will be copied to your desktop. <br/>4. Attach the 3 files to an email. <br/>5. Simultaneously press "Windows Key"+"R" on your keyboard, type-in "cmd" in the new window and press [Enter]. <br/>6. Type "ipconfig /all" and press [Enter]. <br/>7. Right-click in the MS-Dos window and choose "Select All". <br/>8. Press [Enter] on your keyboard, then press Ctrl+V in the body of the reply, in order to paste the information. <br/>9. Send the mail at support@bullguard.com <br/> <br/>Regarding the update notification problem, this is a known issue and is being investigated by our Development Team. We are sorry for the inconvenience. <br/> <br/>We will analyze the information and get back to you within one hour. <br/> <br/>Thank you for your cooperation.
Alin Vlad
Community Manager
www.bullguard.com

• Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Friday, December 9, 2016, 3:09 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,163 posts in 13,450 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 3 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,968 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Crawlerz.
There are currently no users on-line.