Bullguard connect with updating

Posted 11/13/2008 3:43 PM

OKIDOKI Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
My father wants to update his Bullguard, so he just have to click on the button Update and it says that Bullguard can't find connection to the Internet. <br/>Bud that's weird because he just can open Internet and works perfect. <br/> <br/>I have also installed Bullguard and mine is up-to-date... <br/> <br/>So anyone have an idea?
I'm from Holland, so I don't talk correct English ;)
Posted 11/14/2008 3:02 PM

Kaatje36 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Hello, <br/> <br/>I have the same problems as written above/below. When I want to update my bullguard, he says that there is no internet connection, but my internet is connected. <br/> <br/>I write this online, so I have a connection with internet, but Bullguard can't find an internet connection for updates and the message center in Bullguard. When I want to start an online live chat or want to sent an email to Bullguard he says: sys - communication error. Try again later / SendEmail --removed. <br/> <br/>What to do now ? <br/> <br/>Kind regards, <br/> <br/>Kaatje36 <br/> <br/><br /><br /> <br/><br /><br /> <br/><br /><br />
Posted 11/15/2008 10:31 AM

Niek84 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 3
Hello, <br/> <br/>I'm Niek, also from the Netherlands. I haven't an idea caus my problem is the same as typed above. My connection with the internet is good, but bullguard can't connect with the update server so I can't update my account. Who can help us with this problem? <br/> <br/>Kind regards, <br/> <br/>Niek
Posted 11/15/2008 10:48 AM

Prospector Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
Heya. <br/> <br/>Same thing for me. <br/> <br/>Denmark
Posted 11/15/2008 12:56 PM

jacojaco Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Hello. <br/> <br/>Me also. <br/> <br/>JacoJaco - Denmark
Posted 11/15/2008 4:05 PM

sefke Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
hallo okidoki ik heb hetzelfde prbleem sinds een week <br/> <br/>ik heb vanmiddag via de live chat de oplassing gevonden <br/> <br/>je moet de firewall even uitzetten en dan updaten <br/> <br/>vervolgens heb ik de firewall anders ingesteld nl op laag nivo <br/> <br/>bij mij werkt het nu weer succes <br/> <br/>jos <br/> <br/><br /><br /> <br/> <br/> <br/>
"OKIDOKI" wrote: <br/>My father wants to update his Bullguard, so he just have to click on the button Update and it says that Bullguard can't find connection to the Internet. <br/>Bud that's weird because he just can open Internet and works perfect. <br/> <br/>I have also installed Bullguard and mine is up-to-date... <br/> <br/>So anyone have an idea? <br/> <br/>
Posted 11/15/2008 4:38 PM

Niek84 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
He Sefke, <br/> <br/>Ik zat ook met het probleem en bij mij is het verholpen dankzij je advies, dankje!! <br/> <br/>Gr Niek
Posted 11/15/2008 6:26 PM

Niek84 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Hello people from Denmark, <br/> <br/>Sefke solved the problem, Sefke typed the message above in Dutch, i'll translate it for you: <br/> <br/>You need to set off the firewall, when the firewall is off you can update bullguard. After the update you can set the firewall on and there you go :D <br/> <br/>Good luck! <br/> <br/>Greetz Niek
Posted 11/17/2008 7:56 PM

Prospector Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
YaY... works now. thx alot sefke. :hop: and thx for the translation. :p
Posted 11/21/2008 11:55 PM

Alin Vlad Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 389
This is known issue caused by a faulty automatic update from 8.0 to 8.5. We are very sorry for this incovenience. A solution has been found and released in a registry fix form. I have uploaded it here : http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=75378. <br/> <br/>All you need to do is to unzip it, then double click to add the information to the registry. Afterwards, it is very important to restart your computer.
Alin Vlad
Community Manager
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download Free Trial version of BullGuard

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 12/26/2008 10:10 PM

Højgaard Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
"Alin Vlad" wrote: <br/>This is known issue caused by a faulty automatic update from 8.0 to 8.5. We are very sorry for this incovenience. A solution has been found and released in a registry fix form. I have uploaded it here : www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=75378. <br/> <br/>All you need to do is to unzip it, then double click to add the information to the registry. Afterwards, it is very important to restart your computer.
I have the exact same problem. I have tried to shut off my Firewall, but it is stille the same "cannot connect with Bullguard server" answer i get. <br/>Then i tried to download the abovementioned file but it says that the file is damaged. Do you have another upload for this file or another solution for this problem? <br/> <br/>Morten, Denmark
Posted 12/29/2008 5:37 PM

Alin Vlad Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 389
Hello Morten, <br/> <br/> <br/>The problem has been solved a couple of weeks ago through an automatic update. What i advice you to do is to reinstall the BullGuard application using this online guide : http://www.bullguard.com/support/product-guides/bullguard-internet-security-guides/reinstall.aspx. <br/> <br/>Anyway, the fix mentioned in the previous reply does not work anymore.
Alin Vlad
Community Manager
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download Free Trial version of BullGuard

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 9:05 PM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,160 posts in 13,449 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,965 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Old shape.
There are currently no users on-line.