Min

/

Sec

Bullguard want to reboot for update

Posted 12/25/2008 10:35 AM

battleblade Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
it asked me to reboot my pc to install an important update. <br/>But when my pc was done. Bullguard ask me to reboot it one more time. And have done it in a total of 5 times now. :mad: <br/>and to be honest, not every fun :confused: <br/> <br/> <br/>sry my bad grammer. but think I got everything through
Posted 12/26/2008 6:27 AM

Touch Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 12976
Hello :smile: <br/> <br/> <br/>This can be the Cause -> <br/> <br/> <br/>BullGuard’s LiveUpdater keeps a flag on the disk called "PendingSystemReboot" when it needs a reboot to install updates. This file is scheduled for deletion at the same time as the updates are made, by use of a shared registry key. Some other application / installation package might want to use the same shared registry key, and replaces BullGuard’s entries with its own. Thus, the PendingSystemReboot file never gets deleted, and the LiveUpdater gets stuck thinking it needs a reboot. <br/> <br/> <br/><br /><br /> <br/>Solution <br/>1. Browse to the following location on your PC and delete the PendingSystemReboot file manually: <br/>C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BullGuard\LiveUpdate\Flags <br/> <br/> <br/>2. Go to BullGuard’s Main section > Account tab and update the application once more. <br/>3. Restart your computer. <br/> <br/><br /><br /> <br/>Note: “Application Data” is a hidden folder and you may need to follow these steps to make sure you can find it. Alternatively, you can hold the Windows key from your keyboard and press “R” at the same time. Copy-paste the path mention above into the “Run” dialog that appears and click OK.

[color=black face="Courier New" sab="311">[2]Click here: Before-posting-a-log[/2][/url]

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
[/color]
Do not PM me with logfiles. They will be deleted.

• Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Friday, December 2, 2016, 8:53 PM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,157 posts in 13,447 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 1 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,966 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Don Tee.
There are currently no users on-line.