Min

/

Sec

Errors after update to v. 8.7: 0x424 and others

Posted 8/22/2009 12:17 PM

Jesper Laustsen Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
I have a desktop computer running Windows Vista Home Premium, and also running Bullguard 8.7 (upgraded from 8.5 installation). However this computer is not the problem. Each of my daugthers have a laptop, running Windows XP sp3, but with original BG 8.5 installation. <br/> <br/>Today we powered on the laptops for the first time in 6 months I think, and of course each laptop had to retrieve tons of updates both for windows and for BG. <br/> <br/>Now one laptop is running smoothly, while the other is acting strange. The one acting strange cannot start Firewall service, reporting error 0x424, step 5. After a while, it also reports error on "incoming email service". <br/> <br/>It worked fine before the updates, but now it eats ressources and report errors. I've allready tried the recommended "reboot - check if problem persists, then re-install BG". Didnt work. <br/> <br/><br /><br /> <br/>Sincerely, <br/> <br/>Jesper Laustsen, <br/>Denmark
Posted 8/23/2009 11:39 PM

Jintan Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1049
Hej Jesper Laustsen, <br/> <br/> <br/>I am thinking that is some service related error. Let's take a look at things on that laptop. <br/> <br/> <br/>To keep them from interfering with the repairs, be sure to temporarily disable all antivirus/anti-spyware softwares while these steps are being completed. This can usually be done through right clicking the software's Taskbar icons, or accessing each software through Start - Programs. <br/> <br/> <br/> Download RSIT (random's system information tool) from here to your desktop, then click on the RSIT.exe to start the scan. <br/> <br/>If necessary allow it to locate or download a copy of HijackThis as needed. <br/> <br/>Once the scan completes a textbox will open - copy/paste those contents here for review please. The log can also be found at C:\rsit\log.txt. <br/> <br/>RSIT will also create a second log, info.txt, which will be minimized to your taskbar. Post that here as well please (it will also be stored at C:\rsit\info.txt). <br/> <br/>You can break logs into parts and use separate posts here when replying and posting the log files, if needed.
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Sunday, December 4, 2016, 5:03 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,160 posts in 13,449 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 3 new threads and 4 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,968 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Old shape.
There are currently no users on-line.