FIREWALL - BULLGUARD

Posted 1/31/2006 12:01 PM

RUDOLF163 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 4
IS VERY GOOD SOFT BULLGUARD , <br/>BUT I HAVE PROBLEM IF I SEDED EMAIL CCA 300k- 500k all is OK , but if i need sedn file / email/ 1MB -2 MB / i have problem NO work over firewall , let me know current seput for firewall , thanks . <br/> <br/>what is better setup in antivirus -first and second actions to perform ,
Posted 2/1/2006 2:53 AM

Andrei Ionescu Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 43
Dear RUDOLF163, <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>You should try to increase the server timeout in your email application in order to solve the email related problem: <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>A. If you are using Microsoft Outlook as your email client, please follow these steps: <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>1. Open Microsoft Outlook and click Tools > E-mail Accounts. <br/>2. Choose the "View or change existing e-mail account" option and press Next. <br/>3. Click on the "Change" button located to the right and choose the "More settings" option. <br/>4. In the pop-up window that appears next you need to click the Advanced tab. Then increase the server timeout limit to Long (10 minutes). <br/>5. Afterwards, press OK and then the Finish to end this operation. <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>B. If you are using Outlook Express, please follow these steps: <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>1. Open Outlook Express and click on Tools > Accounts. <br/> <br/>2. In the new window, please go to the Mail tab and select your email account then press the Properties button. <br/> <br/>3. In the Properties window, please go to the Advanced tab, and increase the server timeout to maximum (5 minutes). <br/> <br/>4. Press OK and Close to finish the operation. <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>C. If you are using a different email client, please reply to this thread and I will give you further instructions. <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>Also, for the Antivirus settings, I recommend that you should choose: <br/> <br/> <br/> <br/>Disinfect the File - as the first action <br/> <br/>Move Files to Quarantine - as the second action.

<?xml:namespace prefix = v /><?xml:namespace prefix = w />User image

Andrei Cristian Ionescu<?xml:namespace prefix = o />

QA Team Member

BullGuard Software Ltd.

Cell phone: +40 724.276.719

[3] [/3]
[color=red>[/b]

Do not PM me with logfiles. They will be deleted
Posted 2/13/2006 2:29 PM

RUDOLF163 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
thank you for this info , is very easy , i used outlook 2003 as defaul if i sended email bullguard issue to email *bullguard footer **BullGuard Anti-virus has scanned this e-mail and found it clean** <br/> that email is OK, i have also THUNDERBIRD but he is not defaulf and outgoing email is not with *bullguard footer ** pls let me know how i make setup in THUNDERBIRD / i need general-connections setting , PRIVACY , email scams?? , PRIVACY -anti-virus - ........ w-brgs RUDOLF
Posted 2/14/2006 1:13 AM

Andrei Ionescu Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 43
[color=white>Dear] <br/> <br/> [/color] <br/> <br/>[color=white>Unfortunately] <br/> <br/><FONT color=white> [/color] <br/> <br/>[color=white>Also,] <br/> <br/><FONT color=white> [/color] <br/> <br/><FONT color=white>Thank you for your understanding. <br/> <br/><br /><br />

<?xml:namespace prefix = v /><?xml:namespace prefix = w />User image

Andrei Cristian Ionescu<?xml:namespace prefix = o />

QA Team Member

BullGuard Software Ltd.

Cell phone: +40 724.276.719

[3] [/3]
[color=red>[/b]

Do not PM me with logfiles. They will be deleted
Posted 2/14/2006 5:09 PM

RUDOLF163 Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
thank you for your help all is ok with outlook , but i dont know if i downloading post over thunderbind if bulguard scan my incomming post, maybe yes, in subject i have for example ....[BGSpam]medical bills overwhelming you? , <br/>i think BULLGUARD is very good soft but small help -firewall -custom security with so many functions i dont know exactly how i can i good setup ..advanced rules, security ,C:\Program Files\BullGuard Software\BullGuard\BGScan.exe i have allow in applications list is ok also ?? , i no saw in web bullgurd Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 with bulguard , REF Trillian 3 ,my setup virus scanner is C:\Program Files\BullGuard Software\BullGuard\BGScan.exe is OK ?? , w-brgs RUDOLF
Post attachments:
security.jpg
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Thursday, December 8, 2016, 3:20 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,160 posts in 13,449 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,967 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, ConcepcionJAbbate.
There are currently no users on-line.