Hewlett Packard WInXP Pro Issue - machine throws a wobbly after 3 days !

Posted 3/25/2011 4:58 PM

ProntaCall Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
Hi, I am an IT Engineer and have a problem with a number of customer's machines, all of which are Hewlett Packard WinXP Pro machines. I am interested to know how many other people are having the same issue. (I have had numerous emails/chat sessions with the Bullguard Support Team, but understandably, the're struggling with this issue) <br/> <br/>Error condition is as follows: <br/>The machines function fine for days (typically approx 3days). Then a whole range of odd errors start to manifest themselves. These include (i) WIndows error "this is not a valid win32 program" (ii) Machine refuses to start/run any programs (iii) network disappears & is inaccessible, etc, etc. I'm certain that the problem is related to Bullguard, as when the problems occur, if I exit Bullguard then the machine (almost) recover & function OK. <br/> <br/>Rebooting the machine will clear the error condition - until 3 days has elapsed - then the error reoccurs (eg the machines are left turned on for this duration). <br/> <br/>I have 3 machines at one customer that do this, and one machine at another. As I said, the common factor is tha they are ALL HP desktop machines, running WinXP Pro. <br/> <br/>Anybody else having the same issue !!!!!?????
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Friday, December 9, 2016, 4:35 PM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,163 posts in 13,450 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 3 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,969 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Heisenberg.
There are currently no users on-line.