Lost tool bar in Windows Live Mail since Bullguard upgrade

Posted 2/24/2012 7:00 PM

Dickens Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 261
Thanks Adreea-Luciana, <br/> <br/>I have re-installed .net framework 4 and Visual c++ (2010). <br/> <br/>The issue still appears; however as it happens to only about one in four logons to Windows Live Mail I think I may have to give up and live with it! <br/> <br/>Regards.
Posted 2/25/2012 9:15 AM

Dickens Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
I have re-installed .net framework 4 and Visual C++ as suggested. <br/> <br/>The black bar still appears - however as the issue only affects about 1 in 4 logons to Windows Live Mail I am tempted to live with it! <br/> <br/>Maybe some time a solution will be found. <br/> <br/>Thanks.
Posted 2/25/2012 3:01 PM

Advanced member

Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 16

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 2/25/2012 4:36 PM

Dickens Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Hello Andreea- Luciana, <br/> <br/>Thank you for that very interesting link. I have not got KB254826, the laptop does have Windows 7 SP1 but the graphics driver is an AMD Radeon HD6480G. <br/> <br/>My problem may be similar to the one on that link and I shall investigate as to whether an update is available for the AMD Radeon graphics driver. <br/> <br/>I have posted the issue on Windows LIve Solution Centre - one of the moderators is looking at the Windows Live Mail log. <br/> <br/>Regards.
Posted 3/2/2012 6:24 AM

Advanced member

Did Microsoft post an answer to your inquiry?
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
www.bullguard.com

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 3/2/2012 8:50 AM

Dickens Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
The latest from Microsoft (29 February) is that the issue has been escalated to a senior support analyst. <br/> <br/>It's a strange little problem - all other programme and web pages load perfectly on the laptop. <br/> <br/>I shall let you know of any further progress.
Posted 3/2/2012 10:01 AM

Advanced member

If it was easy to solve we would have done it by now :D . <br/> <br/>Our developers are also still investigating the issue. Looking forward to hearing their answer. Thanks for the feedback!
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
www.bullguard.com

Posted 3/3/2012 9:51 AM

Dickens Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
I thinks it's probably a Windows/Graphics card software isse. <br/> <br/>It still occurred when BullGuard was completely disabled. <br/> <br/>It's also a randon issue - I guess that makes it so difficult to find the cause.
Posted 3/7/2012 11:29 AM

Dickens Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Hello Andreea-Luciana, <br/> <br/>A quick update on the Windows Live Mail issue: <br/> <br/>Windows Live Team asked me to uninstall WLM then clean up any remaining WLM folders. After that I reinstalled WLM. <br/> <br/>I thought this was sucessful until, after about 10 logins to WLM the black bar was back again. <br/> <br/>In an earlier post I think I said that I had the same issue with my desktop; then I was not so sure. I can now confirm that I HAVE had the issue on the desktop; however it has only happened twice in about two months. <br/> <br/>With the laptop, the frequency is much more often. <br/> <br/>Have your developers made any progress?
Posted 3/7/2012 3:31 PM

NorthPole Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 144
Just to be clear - is this a separate issue from the one raised here ?
Posted 3/7/2012 4:38 PM

Dickens Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
No, this is a different issue concerning an intermittant problem. <br/> <br/>When logging on to Windows Live Mail 2011 the complete toolbar is replaced with a horizontal black bar. <br/> <br/>Closing WLM then logging on again usually clears the problem.
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 9:04 PM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,160 posts in 13,449 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,965 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Old shape.
There are currently no users on-line.