Need updated drivers

Posted 4/16/2010 5:00 PM

JJONES Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 12
I seem to have some outdated drivers. Is there any source out there where I can find or have a tool that will scan the computer and help me update any outdated drivers?
Posted 4/17/2010 3:03 AM

Touch Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 12976
[code] <br/>Is there any source out there where I can find or have a tool that will scan the computer and help me update any outdated drivers? <br/>[/code] <br/> <br/>There is, depending on what drivers ! <br/> <br/>Try PSI -> <SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; COLOR: #222222; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB" lang=EN-GB>To find out what programs need to be updated, please download and run the: <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <br/> <br/><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; COLOR: #222222; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB" lang=EN-GB>Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI)<o:p></o:p> <br/> <br/><br /><br />

[color=black face="Courier New" sab="311">[2]Click here: Before-posting-a-log[/2][/url]

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
[/color]
Do not PM me with logfiles. They will be deleted.

Posted 4/18/2010 3:40 PM

JJONES Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
No luck with the scan.. it didn't detect any outdated drivers. Basically I have a "Multimedia Audio Controller" showing up in the Device Manager that doesn't have a driver. I have no idea where to begin figuring out what this hardware is or where to even go searching for a driver. Any ideas? Thanks for the help in advance.
Posted 4/19/2010 2:28 AM

Touch Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
I assume it is Realtek AC'97 audio driver you need, then go here to Realtek http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false<BR sab="991"><BR sab="992">download the (Excution file) save to desktop, double click to install<BR sab="993"><BR sab="994">The site is slow<BR sab="995"><BR sab="996">Hope this helps ;-)

[color=black face="Courier New" sab="311">[2]Click here: Before-posting-a-log[/2][/url]

[/color]

Posted 4/22/2010 12:12 PM

JJONES Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Downloaded and installed but no luck on the driver. Device manager is still showing no driver installed for "Multimedia Audio Controller". I don't know how to even begin trying to manually find out what hardware is missing the driver and then what driver is needed. Is there anything I can use to scan the computer to give details on hardware and driver details (especially for the one that's missing)?
Posted 4/22/2010 2:44 PM

Touch Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
I need a little more information, what is the make and model number of you computer, or if custom built what is the motherboards make.<BR sab="315">Look again at device Manager under Sound, video and game controllers, expand and look for a listing that just gives sound, if we can identify the sound device we can get an updated driver.<BR sab="316"><BR sab="317">If you can't find this information download Belarc Advisor here [color=#000020]http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html[/color] <br/> <br/><BR sab="320">and post the findings.<BR sab="321">

[/color]

Posted 3/14/2011 2:11 AM

Celin Dion Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
I have no idea where to begin figuring out what this hardware is or where to even go searching for a driver. Any ideas? Thanks for the help in advance.
Posted 9/19/2011 12:01 PM

Ange Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
Try Driver Max or Driver Genius to check for out of date drivers <br/> <br/><br /><br /> <br/>I've used both and they pick everything up <br/> <br/><br /><br /> <br/>Hope this helps
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Thursday, December 8, 2016, 5:05 PM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,163 posts in 13,450 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 3 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,968 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Crawlerz.
There are currently no users on-line.