Need updated drivers

Posted 4/16/2010 5:00 PM

JJONES Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 12
I seem to have some outdated drivers. Is there any source out there where I can find or have a tool that will scan the computer and help me update any outdated drivers?
Posted 4/17/2010 3:03 AM

Touch Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 12976
[code]
Is there any source out there where I can find or have a tool that will scan the computer and help me update any outdated drivers?
[/code]

There is, depending on what drivers !

Try PSI -> To find out what programs need to be updated, please download and run the:

Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI)

[color=black face="Courier New" sab="311">[2]Click here: Before-posting-a-log[/2][/url]

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
[/color]
Do not PM me with logfiles. They will be deleted.

Posted 4/18/2010 3:40 PM

JJONES Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
No luck with the scan.. it didn't detect any outdated drivers. Basically I have a "Multimedia Audio Controller" showing up in the Device Manager that doesn't have a driver. I have no idea where to begin figuring out what this hardware is or where to even go searching for a driver. Any ideas? Thanks for the help in advance.
Posted 4/19/2010 2:28 AM

Touch Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
I assume it is Realtek AC'97 audio driver you need, then go here to Realtek http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false

download the (Excution file) save to desktop, double click to install

The site is slow

Hope this helps ;-)

[color=black face="Courier New" sab="311">[2]Click here: Before-posting-a-log[/2][/url]

[/color]

Posted 4/22/2010 12:12 PM

JJONES Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Downloaded and installed but no luck on the driver. Device manager is still showing no driver installed for "Multimedia Audio Controller". I don't know how to even begin trying to manually find out what hardware is missing the driver and then what driver is needed. Is there anything I can use to scan the computer to give details on hardware and driver details (especially for the one that's missing)?
Posted 4/22/2010 2:44 PM

Touch Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
I need a little more information, what is the make and model number of you computer, or if custom built what is the motherboards make.
Look again at device Manager under Sound, video and game controllers, expand and look for a listing that just gives sound, if we can identify the sound device we can get an updated driver.

If you can't find this information download Belarc Advisor here [color=#000020]http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html[/color]

and post the findings.

[/color]

Posted 3/14/2011 2:11 AM

Celin Dion Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 1
I have no idea where to begin figuring out what this hardware is or where to even go searching for a driver. Any ideas? Thanks for the help in advance.
Posted 9/19/2011 12:01 PM

Ange Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
Try Driver Max or Driver Genius to check for out of date drivers

I've used both and they pick everything up

Hope this helps
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Thursday, April 27, 2017, 4:49 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,194 posts in 13,463 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 1 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,023 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, kevint89.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.