Network config changes

Posted 12/18/2009 8:26 PM

iarhill Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 16
For about 48 hours I was getting "network configuration changes were detected and automatically handled" etc. I did a live chat with Mihaela who had a look and said all I had to do was tick all the settings in the LAN settings to give permission. There was one lot of network addresses that I did not recognise but she ticked it anyway. ( i let her in to have a look ) This did not solve the problem and I was not impressed by the fact that she was letting an unknown network be trusted regardless. ( she said she did not know what it was. In fact it is a default Windows network that is there as in case scenario ) . I sent log files but nothing back yet. This has now stopped and I wonder if this was BG's attempt at sorting out the problem where BG will not let you create a Homegroup? Any ideas anyone
Posted 12/20/2009 8:51 PM

iarhill Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
I see that no one has responded to this. I am on the verge of giving Bullguard the boot and heading for Nod32. Tonight I got the usual message and also no internet connectivity. Luckily win 7 troubleshot and repaired the connection - but on top of not being able to have a Homegroup cos of BG I really think I need to head for a company who knows about Firewalls. Bg is good on the anitmalware but rubbish on firewalls. Not only that but Support have had a my logs for a few days and have not come back with even an interim answer. And if any one thinks maybe they did not get my email with logs, I have the read receipt
Posted 12/26/2009 3:59 PM

iarhill Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Have given Bullguard the boot. Support did not contact me again after I sent log files on 15 Dec and I had no access to my networked computers. Uninstalled Bullguard, installed Norton 2010, and bingo. All computers on network accessable ( Win 7 64 bit, WIn 7 32 bit and XP ) AND all systems much faster
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Wednesday, July 26, 2017, 8:35 PM (GMT +2)
There are a total of 61,310 posts in 13,483 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 1 new threads and 5 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 38,067 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, MaxSlo.
There are currently no users on-line.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to browse, we are assuming that you have no objection in accepting cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.