Network config changes

Posted 12/18/2009 8:26 PM

iarhill Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 16
For about 48 hours I was getting "network configuration changes were detected and automatically handled" etc. I did a live chat with Mihaela who had a look and said all I had to do was tick all the settings in the LAN settings to give permission. There was one lot of network addresses that I did not recognise but she ticked it anyway. ( i let her in to have a look ) This did not solve the problem and I was not impressed by the fact that she was letting an unknown network be trusted regardless. ( she said she did not know what it was. In fact it is a default Windows network that is there as in case scenario ) . I sent log files but nothing back yet. This has now stopped and I wonder if this was BG's attempt at sorting out the problem where BG will not let you create a Homegroup? Any ideas anyone
Posted 12/20/2009 8:51 PM

iarhill Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
I see that no one has responded to this. I am on the verge of giving Bullguard the boot and heading for Nod32. Tonight I got the usual message and also no internet connectivity. Luckily win 7 troubleshot and repaired the connection - but on top of not being able to have a Homegroup cos of BG I really think I need to head for a company who knows about Firewalls. Bg is good on the anitmalware but rubbish on firewalls. Not only that but Support have had a my logs for a few days and have not come back with even an interim answer. And if any one thinks maybe they did not get my email with logs, I have the read receipt
Posted 12/26/2009 3:59 PM

iarhill Valued member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Have given Bullguard the boot. Support did not contact me again after I sent log files on 15 Dec and I had no access to my networked computers. Uninstalled Bullguard, installed Norton 2010, and bingo. All computers on network accessable ( Win 7 64 bit, WIn 7 32 bit and XP ) AND all systems much faster
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 5:47 AM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,158 posts in 13,448 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 1 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,983 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Alvarezz.
There are currently no users on-line.