Problems starting and updating Bullguard

Posted 7/19/2012 8:04 AM

Carpetman Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
I'm using Bullguard Internet Security 12.0.227 on a Vista Home Premium computer. <br/> <br/>When I start the computer the BG splash screen comes up and goes into the update routine, during this time the computer is effectively locked down. <br/> <br/>Then I may get a message telling me that the firewall hasn't started and I manually have to start it. <br/> <br/>During the implementing stage of the update the programme gets to 80% and stalls, eventually it will go to 100% and complete. Sometimes the computer will then run, at other times I have to turn it off and start all over. It will then work OK and during the day it updates regularly without problem. <br/> <br/>This procedure with take about 20 minutes, what can I do as I deep scanned for virus's, and I've used CCleaner to clear out over 160gb of crap?
Posted 7/19/2012 10:58 AM

Dickens Advanced member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 261
Have you tried a complete reinstall of BullGuard 12? <br/> <br/>If you are not sure of the procedure please let me know.
Posted 7/20/2012 7:32 PM

Advanced member

This sounds to me like a program conflict. I recommend that you contact support.
Andreea-Luciana Ostache
Support Team Leader
[url]support@bullguard.com[/url]
www.bullguard.com

Download the Free Trial version of BullGuard Internet Security 16

You have a BullGuard related problem? Post your question on these forums, contact Support or contact me on Twitter!
Posted 7/21/2012 10:19 AM

Carpetman Member

Date Joined Nov 2016
Total Posts: 2
Hi Dickens, did a re-install after contacting support, doesn't seemed to have made any difference. <br/> <br/>Hi Andreea-Luciana, as you can see I have tried support, but will contact them again when I have more time for them to take control. <br/> <br/>Thanks to both of you for replying.
  • Unread posts or replies
  • No unread posts or replies
  • Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)
  • No Unread Posts (Read Only Forum)

Forum Information

Currently it is Monday, December 5, 2016, 3:43 PM (GMT +1)
There are a total of 61,160 posts in 13,449 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 2 new threads and 3 reply posts.

Who's online

This forum has 37,965 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Old shape.
There are currently no users on-line.